Openings as of 1/26/2020
Description: Grade 8 Science teaching position. Science endorsement preferred.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of subject matter content.
2. Identifies, selects and modifies instructional materials to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and ensures the emotional and educational development of students.
4. Uses Board adopted materials, district curriculum guides and supplementary instruction materials that are most appropriate for meeting State and District standards.
5. Provides quality work for students that is challenging and relevant to the goals and objectives of the class that enhances critical thinking skills.
6. Monitors and analyzes student learning and behavior on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
7. Provides a pleasant and stimulating classroom environment, which might include: displaying samples of student work and arranging attractive bulletin boards.
8. Plans and prepares lessons and strategies, which are meaningful and engaging and supports the School Improvement Plans and District Strategic Goals.
9. Establishes an environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
10. Utilizes effective assessment strategies to assist in the continuous development of students.
11. Administers district assessments and provides progress reports as required.
12. Demonstrates skill in use of positive reinforcement techniques related to student achievement and behavior to create a safe learning environment.
13. Engages in ongoing quest for reflection and personal growth through inservice, classes and study.
14. Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and plans for improvement.
Qualifications: Certification and qualifications as set by the State Board of Education and the School Code. Science endorsement preferred.
Working Conditions: Full-time Anticipated Dates 2/20-4/23/20
Application Procedure: Apply online. Upload cover letter, resume, letters of reference within application. Selection Procedure: Appropriate Administrator will contact selected candidates for an interview.
Job Goal: To manage and coordinate the clerical functions of the Superintendent's office and perform all duties associated to the Board of Education which are imposed by law or by action of the Board. Job Description Overview:
Working Conditions: This is a Leave of Absence coverage position
Application Procedure: Apply online, uploading your cover letter, resume and letters of reference within application. Selection Procedure:
Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Prorated Benefits Salary will be based on experience.