Openings as of 9/24/2020
Fort Yukon School is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic Secondary Language Arts Teacher for the 2020-2021 School-year. Fort Yukon School has a K-12 enrollment of approximately 115 students. The Secondary Language Arts Teacher would have teaching responsibilities for English Reading and Writing Instruction in grades 7 - 12. There is a strong Team cohesiveness among the Staff dedicated to excellence in education for the children of Fort Yukon. Yukon Flats School District is seeking candidates to apply who would like to join our team with a sense of commitment to the exciting initiatives currently underway and planned for next year and beyond. The District encompasses a vast geographical area where the District operates 6 schools of which Fort Yukon School is the largest. Fort Yukon is a special community with a prominent place and significance in the history of rural Alaska. The population is primarily Gwich'in Athabascan and has a strong cultural base. Fort Yukon is accessible only by plane (or boat prior to freeze-up) and is serviced at least 2 times daily by 2 separate air carriers. There is a resident physician and active health clinic, and a relatively large grocery store.
POSITION: Junior/Senior High School English Teacher
1. B.A. / B.S. degree
2. State of Alaska, Type A certificate.
3. Demonstrated teaching experience.
4. Demonstrated competence and performance in literary skills instruction (language arts, reading, & journalism).
5. Computer literate.
1. Observes all District Board policies and regulations.
2. Carries out special education programs as prescribed by State and Federal laws.
3. Works with the local school committee and site administrator to establish relevant and meaningful educational programs.
4. Assists in the selection, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum.
5. Willing to assist with after school enrichment activities.
6. Delivers instructional programs in various grades and / or subjects.
7. Establishes good communication between the school, parents, community, and the district.
8. Keeps required records and follows reporting procedures.
9. Ability to coach or direct sports / physical education activity.
10. Assumes other position related duties as prescribed by the site administrator.
1. Bachelor of Science or equivalent work-related experience, minimum of six years of experience.
2. Experience with PowerSchool highly desirable.
3. Experience with Mac operating systems up through OSX. PC experience with Win 2007, Windows ME, NT and XP. Experience with server setup and administration. (This would include NT, Server 2000, Linux, and Unix)
4. Familiarity with networked/distributed computing environment concepts, understand basic routing and switch protocols. Knowledge and training in stateof-the-art diagnostic, software, tools, and equipment used in computer and network maintenance.
5. Able to work well with little supervision and make decisions such as repair or
5. Ability to plan, layout, and complete complex assignments.
6. Able to work safely and efficiently in public areas.
7. Must be physically fit with strength, agility, and stamina to work with heavy components, on ladders, and be on feet for prolonged periods in a safe manner.
8. Ability to independently diagnose and resolve complicated maintenance and installation situations with a minimum of guidance from the supervisor.
9. Ability to read, understand, and evaluate manuals, operating instructions, specifications, and diagrams and be abie to transfer that knowledge to effective resolution of problems and repairs.
1. Maintain an inventory of existing equipment and software.
2. Responsible for centralized purchase and distribution of hardware and software.
3. Develop criteria for review and acquisition of hardware and software.
4. Implement, coordinate, and evaluate systematic training of staff in the use of
computers in education.
5. Coordinate efforts to ensure that computer usage augments curriculum needs.
6. Survey parental reaction to computer usage in the schools.
7. Serve as the district liaison in coordinating efforts between computer professionals, other school districts, and the Alaska Department of Education.
8. Evaluate equipment usage throughout the district to maximize potential hardware and software availability to students.
Yukon Flats School District
Position Description: Technology Coordinators/Computer Technician Page 2
9. Oversee the shipping, receiving, and/or maintenance of equipment in need of
10. Be versed in the availability and trends of computer software and hardware. 11 . Prepare and present school board reports on a monthly basis.
11. Work with Business Manager to develop yearly budgets in regards to equipment
and technological supplies for the district.
13. Develop, maintain, and distribute IT policies locally and to remote sites.
14. Provide technology user support for the district
15. Maintain district web-site and audit school web sites.
16. Maintain Mac and PC computers district wide (8 rural sites) and at the
17. Maintain District wide servers and internal networks at all times.
18. Work with service provider on email and WAN access problems for all sites. Yukon Flats School District
Position Description: Technology Coordinators/Computer Technician Page2
19. Diagnoses computer hardware and software problems.
20. Replaces defective components such as hard drives, memory, and system
21. Pulls, terminates, and tests network cabie.
22. Evaluate, recommend and implement new software and hardware solutions.
23. Ensure security of data and critical systems on the network.
24. Configure and maintain district File Severs
25. Responsible for E-rate program management for the district and apple for E2T2 Technology Grant
26. Responsible for developing and implementing a district-wide technology plan in a timely manner and provide technology training through professional development
27 . Implement a Power School Student Management program for the district.
28. Work in collaboration with GCi personnel in delivering useable and successfully operable video conferencing programs and equipment.
29. Assumes other position related duties as prescribed by the Superintendent of
Schools or designee. >
Yukon Flats School District is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic School Counselor/District Test Coordinator for the 2020-2021 School-year. The Counselor would reside in Fort Yukon, work from the District Office and serve primarily the Fort Yukon School with occasional travel to the District's other five schools. Fort Yukon School has a K-12 enrollment of approximately 115 students. The Counselor would have usual counseling responsibilities such as: high school guidance counseling, individual personal counseling for students, preventative program presentations to classrooms, and District-wide coordination of State Testing requirements. There is a strong cohesiveness among the Staff dedicated to excellence in education for the children of Fort Yukon. Yukon Flats School District is seeking candidates to apply who would like to join our team with a sense of commitment to the exciting initiatives currently underway and planned for next year and beyond. The District encompasses a vast geographical area with seven schools. Fort Yukon is a special community with a prominent place and significance in the history of rural Alaska. The population is primarily Gwich'in Athabascan and has a strong cultural base. Fort Yukon is accessible only by plane (or boat prior to freeze-up) and is served several times daily by several air carriers. There is a resident physician and active health clinic, and a relatively large grocery store. Interested candidates should e-mail a Letter of Interest and accompanying Resume to Lance Bowie, Superintendent: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: "Counselor Position." Also, applicants may FAX the same to 907-662-2519 to the attention of Dr. Bowie.
YUKON FLATS SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION: Counselor/Test Coordinator
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: