Openings as of 2/22/2019
Works the day or night shift at an assigned school site and performs custodial and light general work with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
Disinfects sinks, toilets, urinals, walls partitions etc.
Performs a variety of custodial duties such as mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, disinfecting etc.
Sets up and takes down furniture and equipment for meetings and other events.
Performs simpler ongoing preventive maintenance.
Makes simple general maintenance electrical and carpentry repairs.
Works with staff to maintain a safe and secure environment in the school building and on the school grounds.
Responds to energy management, burglar and fire alarms.
Empties trash and garbage containers.
Maintains inventory of custodial and maintenance supplies, tools and equipment..
Mows, shovels and plows snow. (REQUIRED)
Performs basic Groundskeeper duties such as mowing and fertilizing.
Maintains simple work related records and prepares various reports as directed.
Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks.
Must be able to work overtime on short notice or when scheduled work is required. This will include the need, if required, for snow removal. (REQUIRED)
Must have valid drivers license.
Performs related work as required.
Operation of various light equipment (wet/dry vacuum, buffing machine, stripper)
Operation of various hand tools (brooms, mops, dusters)
Cleaning supplies and equipment
Building practices and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and two years prior experience as custodian or worker. This is a full time, 12 month, union position with benefits including 2 weeks vacation. Starting Salary: $12.50 per hour for new employees Start Date: Immediate
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Experience with the District 146 summer school programs, as teacher or Coordinator required.
Valid PEL required; reports to the Curriculum Director. GADM, Principal Endorsement, or Administrative Experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned
1. Must have working knowledge of the District 146 summer school programs including but not limited to:
o Student Identification
o Teacher In-services
o Program Content and Assessments
2. Must be able to schedule and facilitate teacher in-service programs after school hours in April, May and June. Position requires planning dates with summer school staff.
3. Must be on site to manage summer school programs -- regular education and extended school year (ESY) -- from July 8, 2019 through August 1, 2019 every Monday through Thursday. Approximate hours are 8:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
4. Must be able to participate in final summer wrap up in collaboration with other summer school coordinator, approximately 12 additional hours after August 1, 2019.
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Salary: Based on current teacher's contract
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Educator License with Stipulations - Para (ELS(Para) or PEL required.
Educational course work and prior classroom experience preferred.
Valid Drivers License
Provides instructional assistance for teachers for special education, general education and second language students in the class room, and on campus grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Accompanies students on field trips.
• Assists the teacher in maintaining a clean, attractive and safe learning environment.
• Types, files and duplicates materials for teacher's use.
• Assists with urinary/bladder and bowel care such as diapering, catheterization etc.
• Removes and cares for prosthesis.
• Assists with respiratory functions such as suctioning, oxygen administration, and asthma control.
• May take specimens such as blood glucose levels.
• Assists students who need help with feeding and medication.
• May assist students with feeding and other activities of daily living.
• Lifts and transfers students.
• Assists teachers with general clerical work such as filing, photocopying, word processing etc.
• Assists students in the classroom with reading, math and other subjects.
• Supervises children at recess and getting on and off the bus to ensure child safety and that each child is accounted for.
• May serve as an assistant for a special program.
• May make home visits.
• Assists students with classroom and homework assignments.
• Serves as aide on the bus.
• Assists with overall programming of students in environments designated by the school.
• Participates in behavior modification programs.
• Assists teachers in the classroom and on the playground.
• Reports information about a child's development and behavior to teachers by collecting appropriate data.
• Organizes and monitors the use of materials and supplies.
• Assists staff in implementing instructional and clerical programs.
• May operate an in school suspension center maintaining order and discipline.
• Utilizes available technology and assistive technology under the direction of the teacher/case manager.
• Performs related duties as required.
This is a .5 part time union position. AM/PM to be determined; two positions are available.
Salary is based on the current Educational Support Staff contract. Start Date: January 2019
Licensure: ELS(Para) or PEL required
• May serve as an assistant for a special program such as STARs.
This is a full time union position with benefits.
Salary is based on the current Educational Support Staff contract.
Start Date: November 2018