Openings as of 10/17/2019
Works the day or night shift at an assigned school site and performs custodial and light general work with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
Disinfects sinks, toilets, urinals, walls partitions etc.
Performs a variety of custodial duties such as mopping, dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, disinfecting etc.
Sets up and takes down furniture and equipment for meetings and other events.
Performs simpler ongoing preventive maintenance.
Makes simple general maintenance electrical and carpentry repairs.
Works with staff to maintain a safe and secure environment in the school building and on the school grounds.
Responds to energy management, burglar and fire alarms.
Empties trash and garbage containers.
Maintains inventory of custodial and maintenance supplies, tools and equipment..
Mows, shovels and plows snow. (REQUIRED)
Performs basic Groundskeeper duties such as mowing and fertilizing.
Maintains simple work related records and prepares various reports as directed.
Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks.
Must be able to work overtime on short notice or when scheduled work is required. This will include the need, if required, for snow removal. (REQUIRED)
Must have valid drivers license.
Performs related work as required.
Operation of various light equipment (wet/dry vacuum, buffing machine, stripper)
Operation of various hand tools (brooms, mops, dusters)
Cleaning supplies and equipment
Building practices and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and two years prior experience as custodian or worker. This is a full time, 12 month, union position with benefits including vacation. Starting Salary: $14.50/hr Start Date: Immediate
Works the night shift at an assigned school site and performs custodial and light general work with minimum supervision.
Mows, shovels and plows snow.
Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds, such as cleaning supplies, tables, pails and unloading trucks.
Must be able to work overtime on short notice or when scheduled work is required. This will include the need, if required, for snow removal.
Equivalent to graduation from high school and two years prior experience as custodian or worker.
This is a 12 month part-time union position, 4 hours per day.
This postion qualifies for limited benefits -- IMRF, paid sick and personal days only.
Start Date: Immediate
Valid PEL with mandatory Middle School Endorsement in Language Arts. Multiple endorsements preferred, especially MS Reading Endorsement.
To develop in each pupil skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing that are fundamental to good communication and literate citizenship; to develop appreciation of good literature of all types; to motivate pupils to read widely for information and recreation; to develop standards for critical judgement of written an oral communications transmitted by mass media; and to discover and develop special talents of pupils in the field of English.
1. Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition, reading, and journalism to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils.
4. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids to the interest and maturity level of pupils; maintains required inventory records.
5. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small-group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
6. Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature.
7. Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
8. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing.)
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
10. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned workday.
13. Works with pupils and other classroom teachers in such activities as preparing material for the school newspaper or yearbook, assisting with PTA programs, or coordinating entries in essay contests.
14. Administers or monitors group tests.
15. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
16. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
17. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
18. Other related duties as required.
This is a full time, 10 month teaching position with full benefits. Start Date: August 2018
Salary: Based on current teacher's contract.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Educator License with Stipulations - Para (ELS(Para) or PEL required.
Educational course work and prior classroom experience preferred.
Valid Drivers License
Provides instructional assistance for teachers for special education, general education and second language students in the class room, and on campus grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Accompanies students on field trips.
• Assists the teacher in maintaining a clean, attractive and safe learning environment.
• Types, files and duplicates materials for teacher's use.
• Assists with urinary/bladder and bowel care such as diapering, catheterization etc.
• Removes and cares for prosthesis.
• Assists with respiratory functions such as suctioning, oxygen administration, and asthma control.
• May take specimens such as blood glucose levels.
• Assists students who need help with feeding and medication.
• May assist students with feeding and other activities of daily living.
• Lifts and transfers students.
• Assists teachers with general clerical work such as filing, photocopying, word processing etc.
• Assists students in the classroom with reading, math and other subjects.
• Supervises children at recess and getting on and off the bus to ensure child safety and that each child is accounted for.
• May serve as an assistant for a special program.
• May make home visits.
• Assists students with classroom and homework assignments.
• Serves as aide on the bus.
• Assists with overall programming of students in environments designated by the school.
• Participates in behavior modification programs.
• Assists teachers in the classroom and on the playground.
• Reports information about a child's development and behavior to teachers by collecting appropriate data.
• Organizes and monitors the use of materials and supplies.
• Assists staff in implementing instructional and clerical programs.
• May operate an in school suspension center maintaining order and discipline.
• Utilizes available technology and assistive technology under the direction of the teacher/case manager.
• Performs related duties as required.
This is a .5 part time union position. AM/PM to be determined; multiple positions are available.
Salary is based on the current Educational Support Staff contract. Start Date: August 2019.