Openings as of 2/22/2019Support Staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Licensure: ELS(Para) or PEL required
Valid Drivers License
Provides instructional assistance for teachers for special education, general education and second language students in the class room, and on campus grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Accompanies students on field trips.
• Assists the teacher in maintaining a clean, attractive and safe learning environment.
• Types, files and duplicates materials for teacher's use.
• Assists with urinary/bladder and bowel care such as diapering, catheterization etc.
• Removes and cares for prosthesis.
• Assists with respiratory functions such as suctioning, oxygen administration, and asthma control.
• May take specimens such as blood glucose levels.
• Assists students who need help with feeding and medication.
• May assist students with feeding and other activities of daily living.
• Lifts and transfers students.
• Assists teachers with general clerical work such as filing, photocopying, word processing etc.
• Assists students in the classroom with reading, math and other subjects.
• Supervises children at recess and getting on and off the bus to ensure child safety and that each child is accounted for.
• May serve as an assistant for a special program such as STARs.
• May make home visits.
• Assists students with classroom and homework assignments.
• Serves as aide on the bus.
• Assists with overall programming of students in environments designated by the school.
• Participates in behavior modification programs.
• Assists teachers in the classroom and on the playground.
• Reports information about a child's development and behavior to teachers by collecting appropriate data.
• Organizes and monitors the use of materials and supplies.
• Assists staff in implementing instructional and clerical programs.
• May operate an in school suspension center maintaining order and discipline.
• Utilizes available technology and assistive technology under the direction of the teacher/case manager.
• Performs related duties as required.
This is a full time union position with benefits.
Salary is based on the current Educational Support Staff contract.
Start Date: November 2018
Educator License with Stipulations - Para (ELS(Para) or PEL required.
Educational course work and prior classroom experience preferred.
• May serve as an assistant for a special program.
This is a .5 part time union position. AM/PM to be determined; two positions are available.
Salary is based on the current Educational Support Staff contract. Start Date: January 2019