Health Assistant Pool
2019-2020 School Year
Pay Grade: 203
Salary Range: $22,829 - $28,047
Duty Days: 183 Position Purpose Assist Registered Nurse in providing health care services to students; maintain health records of students. Essential Functions
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date health records.
- Maintain daily log, convey messages, and tabulate health related data.
- Provide first aid for ill and injured students. Process requests for health cards.
- Record immunization data and enter information on computer.
- Anticipate health clinic supplies and equipment needs in the absence of the nurse.
- Assist in pediculosis and growth and development screenings.
- Administer medications.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Physical Job Requirements PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid CPR certificate and First Aid certification preferred.
- Experience as a Nurse's aide preferred.
- Basic understanding of applicable medical terminology and federal, state, and local laws governing student health services.
Occasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions) Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours. The employee must exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The work environment is a standard office setting including standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key, etc.). Ninety percent indoors, ten percent outdoors; controlled environment; exposed to weather elements, extreme heat/cold, noise and dust.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.