FRONTIER ACADEMY ELEMENTARY:
JOB TITLE: Elementary School Teacher for the 18-19 School Year
REPORTS TO: Principal
AGREEMENT DAYS: 168 work days (This includes 152 student instructional days and 14 professional development days)
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The elementary school teacher works as an instructional and curriculum leader; develops and delivers standards based instruction to grade level students; effectively communicates with students, their guardians, and staff; analyzes student data and responds to student’s needs in a way that elevates student achievement.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Designs and provides research-based instruction utilizing Frontier Academy’s approved programs.
2. Supervises students in and out of the classroom setting during the school day.
3. Supports academic interventions in the classroom and through the RtI process, including organization and study skills.
4. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff in assessing and helping students solve health, behavior and learning issues.
5. Utilizes progress monitoring tools to determine whether students are making academic gains.
6. Implements Character and Anti-Bullying curriculum.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
8. Provides parent communication as needed and requested.
9. Work collaboratively with grade level team members for planning and grade level consistency.
10. Attends professional development at the school, state and regional levels as appropriate or required by administration.
11. Maintains accurate student and school records and ensures their confidentiality.
12. Other duties as needed or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively with a wide range of staff, students, parents and the general public, both verbally and in writing.
· Must possess strong technology skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and sustain positive, effective work relationships with staff and the general public.
· Flexibility to work effectively both independently and in teams.
· Ability to be flexible in scheduling time to meet student, parent and teacher needs.
· Demonstrates organizational skills.
· Embraces and supports Core Knowledge curriculum and charter school concepts
· Ability to understand and apply educational and instructional theories and practices for the instruction of students.
· Ability to identify conflict and take the steps necessary to resolve the issues.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
• Current Colorado Teaching license
Equipment and Materials Used:
• Skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs and experience with data systems, is preferred.
• Can easily and efficiently adopt new technology skills.
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform Job:
• Physical and mental abilities sufficient to perform the essential functions and duties of the position as outlined.
• Ability to work well under stress and strict time constraints.