FRONTIER ACADEMY: GRADES K-12
JOB TITLE: Substitute Teacher
REPORTS TO: Principal
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Report to school office at beginning of school day to check in and get access to classroom.
- Maintain a professional appearance as described in the Staff Handbook.
- Carry out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Maintain as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Take attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicate to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school and classroom policies.
- Insure that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as before school duty, lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, recess duty, etc.
- Know emergency evacuation routes and procedures for the classroom(s) assigned.
- Know procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Know school procedures and regulations.
- Remain at school during the entire time requested (full or half day) unless excused by the principal or the designated representative.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation, pertaining to teacher and students.
- Leave written feedback, reviewing lessons completed and any additional information to support the transition back to the primary teacher.
- Performs other related duties as directed by principal.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
• Colorado Substitute License
Equipment and Materials Used:
• Skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs and experience with data systems, is preferred.
• Can easily and efficiently adopt new technology skills.
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform Job:
• Physical and mental abilities sufficient to perform the essential functions and duties of the position as outlined.
• Ability to work well under stress and strict time constraints.