Openings as of 1/25/2020
AFTER SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Bendle Public Schools After School Position (contracted through GECS)
REPORTS TO: Director of the Program
WORK YEAR: School Year: Coincides with Bendle Public Schools Calendar
PAY: $9.45/hour based on education and experience
HOURS: 2:15-6:00 pm on regular school days
11:15-6:00 pm on half school days
QUALIFICATIONS: 19 Years or older with a high school diploma or equivalent. Have experience working as a caregiver for school-age children preferred.
1. Provide a variety of activities, structured and unstructured, that are age appropriate and enjoyable.
2. Monitor safety of children and be able to account for all children at all times.
3. Properly register and release a child.
4. Daily and weekly record keeping for each child including sign-in sheets and payments.
5. Supervise lunch and/or afternoon snack.
6. Room must be picked up, tables washed and everything left in an orderly fashion.
7. Communicate to Director about any special activities, questions or concerns.
8. Communicate with parents in regard to any special issues regarding their child.
9. Practice consistent and effective discipline as outlined in the policy stated in the childcare handbook.Communicate and display a positive and fair attitude toward each child.
10. Attend professional development training and staff meetings as required by licensing including but not limited to 1st Aid/CPR training, blood borne pathogens and seclusion & restraint.
11 Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school and program.
12. Show interest and be involved in children’s activities.
13. Follow all school policies as written in the school code of conduct book
14. Follow all licensing protocols as designated by the State of Michigan.
15. Teach children responsibility, good manners and respect for each other and toys or equipment.
16. Other specifics to be determined by program Director and as needed for State Licensing.
Fenton Area Public Schools Fenton, Michigan
The District reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school(s).
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The person designated to handle any questions and/or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policy of Davison Community Schools is Assistant Superintendent Matthew Lobban, 1490 N Oak Rd, Davison, MI 48423 -- (810-591-0808).