Openings as of 1/22/2018
Grand Ledge Public Schools is actively seeking substitute bus drivers! We provide all the necessary training for Bus Driver certification through the Secretary of State and will reimburse you the certification fees after you pass the tests. Hourly Wage $15.00
- Must have good driving record regarding driving skills, safety, punctuality, attendance, self-motivation, work cooperation and dependability.
- Must be able to read and interpret written directions and literature (including maps, interpret and communicate oral and written requests and ability to clearly express self both orally and in writing.
- Must maintain good appearance and attitude.
- Driver must not have any physical, mental or medical impairment which would restrict from performing duties, responsibilities or operating a vehicle safely.
- Must have maintained a valid driver's license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Employees must comply with State and Federal Law, School District Policy and Operations Department Work Rules.
- School bus drivers are subject to Federal DOT requirements regarding Drug and Alcohol testing.
If you have additional questions regarding being a substitute bus driver for Grand Ledge Public Schools contact Eric Painter at 517-925-5300.