2017-2018 Paraeducator and Assistant Voluntary Transfer Request Form
Procedures for Completion of Transfer Form
1. Employees Responsibilities:
2. Eligibility Requirements
- Only one voluntary transfer form is needed to request a transfer to multiple schools. Check all schools for which you are interested in submitting a voluntary transfer form.
- Voluntary Transfers should be submitted for one of the following reasons:
- When requesting a change in location.
- Complete the Voluntary Transfer form when requesting an increase or decrease in assignment in a school other than your current assignment.
- If you are requesting a reduction or increase in assignment, please indicate your request in the section “Please complete the information below for desired position” . Your request does not constitute a change in your current assignment as all assignment changes are based on the needs of the school system.
- When working in a split assignment and seeking a full-time assignment in one of the two schools to which you are assigned.
- If you are in a split position and have more than one current location, please select your home school from the drop down menu as your current location
- Staff members should not forward the link or attempt to complete a form that has been forwarded by another user. Forwarded links may result in an inaccurate submission
- Partially completed forms cannot be saved in the system, so be sure to allot the necessary time to complete the process.
- Since transfers may take place during the summer, include a telephone number where you can be reached during late June and July.
- Submit the form to your current principal utilizing the drop down menu.
- After digitally signing the Voluntary Transfer Form you must click the submit button in order to send the form to your principal.
- After your principal signs the Voluntary Transfer Form, the form will be directed to the Office of Human Resources where it will then be distributed to the individual schools you have selected on or after April 1, 2017.
- You should receive email confirmation from Applitrack of receipt of your transfer request within two weeks of your submission date. If you do not receive confirmation within the two-week period, check your JUNK mailbox or contact Natasha Mahasa, Human Resources Specialist (extension 7342) .
- Please print a copy of the Voluntary Transfer Form. You will not be able to access the form after you submit the form to your principal.
- If you choose to add more selections after your first form has been submitted, you must complete a second form.
- "An applicant for transfer shall assume that he/she will continue in his/her present position until such time as he/she is notified, in writing, that his/her transfer has been granted; said notification shall be from the Superintendent or his/her designee."
All Paraeducators and Assistants can participate in the Voluntary Transfer process except those on an action plan.
3. Current Principal Responsibilities.
4. Receiving Principal Responsibility:
- Voluntary Transfer Forms will be emailed to you from Applitrack.
- Review the content of the Voluntary Transfer Form and digitally sign and submit the form to the Office of Human Resources by clicking the submit button.
- You may receive more than one form per employee. If an employee chooses to add more selections after his/her first form has been submitted, he/she must complete a second form. Please digitally sign and submit each form that is contained in the emails.
- Depending on your access to Exchange, the link to the form may need to be posted into your browser to open the link. If you access your email through the Exchange Client that was downloaded to your computer, the link will be live. If you access Exchange through an internet browser, the link will have to be pasted into the browser to be opened.
- Principals will receive two databases of all transfer requests to and from your school on or after April 1, 2017.
5. Deadline for Submission:
- Principals will receive a database from the Office of Human Resources with all transfer requests on or after April 1, 2017.
- Send an email to the employee submitting the voluntary transfer form, acknowledging receipt of the request.
- Consider voluntary requests based on vacancies in your building that have been verified by the Office of Human Resources.
- Notify Natasha Mahasa in the Office of Human Resources of all offers through email of acceptance of a voluntary transfer. Please include the full name of the employee and the specific position he/she will fill.
- Voluntary transfer request can be considered until August 1, 2017. With the approval of the releasing principal, this date can be waived until August 15 if the request does not cause a hardship on the educational program.
In order to be considered for a transfer for the upcoming school year, forms must be received by the Office of Human Resources
by the end of the school day on April 1, 2017. Request received after April 1, 2017 will not be processed.
6. Withdrawal Deadline:
Employees have until August 1, 2017 to withdraw any or all transfer requests.
7. Vacancies after August 1, 2017:
- "An employee must accept the voluntary transfer unless the request is withdrawn, in writing, prior to August 1." (Master Agreement, Article 5.1C) The request for transfer withdrawal must be made, in writing or email to Natasha Mahasa in the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
- If an employee has accepted a voluntary transfer prior to August 1, 2017, he/she may not rescind the transfer. Employees may only rescind a request prior to accepting a voluntary transfer.
A pareducator , health assistant, security assistant, or student assistant may voluntarily transfer after October 1 during the school year provided the pending and receiving principals agree with the transfer and there is no disruption of the educational program as determined by the respective school principal. Only those that submitted a voluntary transfer form by the April 1st
deadline will be considered. Paraeducators will not be released until a replacement is found for the transferring assistant.
CLICKING "OK CONTINUE" CONFIRMS THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL PROCEDURES INCLUDING DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION AND RESCINDING FORMS AS OUTLINED ABOVE
You may want to print this page as well as the completed voluntary transfer form for your records. You will not be able to access the form after you submit.
If you have any trouble completing or submitting the form, Request Technical Help
Click the "Continue" button below to begin.