Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted Public Schools, Independent School District 2687, serves the communities of Winsted, Waverly, and Howard Lake. We are dedicated to providing a high quality education for our youth. With that commitment, we strive for excellence and opportunity for each student in every offering and activity of the school district.
Serving nearly 1200 students, K-12, in two elementary schools (K-4), a middle school (5-8), and a high school (9-12), we offer educational opportunities using a healthy balance between one-to-one technology, hands-on skills, enrichment, and remediation.
We pride ourselves on valuing strong academic achievement, small class sizes, a wide-variety of programs and activities, new and updated facilities, and supportive communities. Our staff, all the way from the principals, teachers, and paraprofessionals, to our custodians, secretaries, and cooks, make teaching and caring for children, our number one priority.
Our mission is to…
- Ensure a safe and respectful learning environment
- Empower all members of our school community
- Demand high quality instruction in every classroom
- Provide high quality programs at all levels
- Hold high expectations for all stakeholders
- Build positive relationships
- Foster creativity
- Promote critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Respect all individuals
- Utilize resources efficiently and effectively
We are proud to be the Lakers! We hope you consider applying to be part of our team!