Openings as of 5/26/2019
Reports To: Director of Buildings and Grounds
Preventative and corrective maintenance on various district facilities, systems, and equipment: heating/cooling, electrical, plumbing, grounds, vehicles, mowers, custodial equipment, etc.
Keeps the Director of Buildings and Grounds informed of all system malfunctions at his/her locations at all times during assigned working hours. Trouble-shoots and assesses repair parts or assistance needed to complete the job.
On call 24 hours a day in case of emergencies.
Performs custodial duties as needed based on district needs.
Related duties as required by particular facilities and/or events.
1. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or
materials; perform snow removal duties. Must be able to lift 30 pounds on a repeated basis.
2. Climbing of step and rung ladders up to 20-25’; working on roof tops.
3. Crawling and working in cramped and limited access areas.
4. Must be able to read and comprehend chemical labels, equipment manuals and various instructional documents.
5. Must have enough technological skill to manage a computerized job ticket system, to respond to email and text requests.
6. Vehicle and power equipment operation, including at night and during inclement weather.
Types of Skills/Experience Sought:
Demonstrated general mechanical aptitude
Experience working on HVAC equipment/Building Management Software
Experience working on electronic controls
Operation of machinery/equipment
Working hours for this position shall be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday, unless district needs change.
It is preferred that applicants for substitute teaching hold a Connecticut teaching certificate. However, an out-of-state teaching certificate or a bachelor's degree is acceptable. The Connecticut State Department of Education stipulates that all substitute teachers must hold a bachelor's degree.
The daily rate is $90 a day for all substitute teachers. A per diem rate of $252.69 is paid for each day beyond the 40th consecutive day worked in the same assignment for certified teachers. If you work more than 40 days during the school year, you will receive formal notice of non-renewal per Connecticut General Statute 10-151, pertaining to the non-renewal of non-tenured teachers.
If you are interested in substitute teaching, write to Robin L. Harris email@example.com.