Openings as of 2/23/2019BASS (Before and After School Services)
This job reports to Site Coordinator
• Administers under supervision, first aid and other medical assistance, including to medically fragile children (e.g. tube feeding, toileting, diapering, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for children as assigned.
• Arranges designated areas with instructional and/or play materials for the purpose of providing required supplies to support goals.
• Assists the site supervisor and assistant supervisor with organizing and monitoring appropriate activities (e.g. games, art, music, science, language, nutrition, playground, washing hands, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing play and academic concepts.
• Communicates with parents and students for the purpose of sharing positive behavior, building rapport, and encouraging open communication.
• Implements emergency plans for the purpose of complying with district policies and procedures.
• Monitors and participates with individuals and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. snack time, group or individual games, playground activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Promotes good habits and manners for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes and encouraging positive student development.
• Researches crafts and activities appropriate for the program for the purpose of providing students with a variety of learning opportunities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: Adhering to safety practices; controlling and motivating students; and effective listening.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: Stages of child development; age appropriate activities; positive reinforcement techniques; and safety practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: Adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; and working as part of a team; confidentiality; organizing; reliability; and working an extended year.
Job Description: School Age Care Site Associate Printed: 7/1/2011 Page
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Job related experience is desired.
High School diploma or equivalent.
None Specified Required Testing None Specified Continuing Educ. / Training
None Specified Certificates & Licenses Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance Clearances
FLSA Status Non Exempt