• Administers under supervision, first aid and other medical assistance, including to medically fragile children (e.g. tube feeding, toileting, diapering, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for children as assigned.
• Arranges designated areas with instructional and/or play materials for the purpose of providing required supplies to support goals.
• Assists the site supervisor and assistant supervisor with organizing and monitoring appropriate activities (e.g. games, art, music, science, language, nutrition, playground, washing hands, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing play and academic concepts.
• Communicates with parents and students for the purpose of sharing positive behavior, building rapport, and encouraging open communication.
• Implements emergency plans for the purpose of complying with district policies and procedures.
• Monitors and participates with individuals and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. snack time, group or individual games, playground activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Promotes good habits and manners for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes and encouraging positive student development.
• Researches crafts and activities appropriate for the program for the purpose of providing students with a variety of learning opportunities.