Openings as of 2/22/2019Nutrition Services
$10.50 per hour.
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
The job of Prep Assistant was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at unassigned location with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel; and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
This job reports to Site Manager
• Arranges food, beverage, condiments, and serving items prior to serving meals for the purpose of ensuring their availability to students and staff.
• Assists with cashier duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring charges are appropriately collected and records are accurately maintained.
• Cleans utensils, equipment, storage, food preparation, and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
• Maintains a variety of records (e.g. dishwashing temperatures, temperatures at beginning and ending of cooking, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated requirements.
• Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
• Prepares a variety of food items (e.g. sandwiches, salads, fruits, vegetables, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
• Prepares the menu for the next day's meals for the purpose of supporting the effective and efficient functioning of the work unit.
• Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
• Stocks and dates new materials for the purpose of maintaining supplies according to accepted guidelines.
• Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks using existing skills. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: safety practices and procedures; quantify food preparation and handling; and sanitation practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: working as part of a team; and working with interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; and operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education High School diploma or equivalent.
Equivalency None Specified
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
None Specified Sanitation Certification from Jackson County
Continuing Educ. / Training Clearances None Specified Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade