Openings as of 4/22/2019Special Education Support
The job of Interventionist is done for the purpose of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibilities for assisting teachers and administration by providing prevention and intervention services to students with behavioral issues; coordinating the BIST models with at risk youth; and proactively address students' needs. This job reports to Principal and/or Program Coordinator.
7.5 hours a day - 170 days a year
Starting Salary Range: $14.94/hr
*Must have 60 college credit hours or pass the Paraprofessional test in the State of MO*
This job reports to School Principal
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
7.5 hours a day - 170 days a year 8:00 a.m. - 4 p.m.
This job reports to School Principal.
The job of Paraprofessional Specialist was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for working with at-risk students one-on-one; following educational and specific behavioral plans; documenting students' daily activities; and modeling appropriate behaviors and interactions with student and staff.
•Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
•Communicates with teacher/s and a variety of health care professionals (e.g. Speech Therapist, PTs, COTAs, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
•Documents student's daily activities (e.g. behavior, completed assignments, on/off task times, etc.) for the purpose of completing daily logs and student's hourly activities.
• Implements instruction in Life Skills under the direction of the classroom teacher for the purpose of presenting and reinforcing learning concepts.
• Implements under the supervision of assigned teacher, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
• Maintains manual and electronic files and/or records for the purpose of providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
• Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
• Monitors student's daily schedule and behavior plan (e.g. class schedule, toileting, medication, appetite, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Provides instruction to students, under direction of the classroom teacher (e.g. math, science, reading, behavioral skills, daily living skills, writing, verbal skills, etc.) for the purpose of implementing IEP goals; assisting in adapting to mainstream classroom/s; and ensuring students success.
• Remains with student at all times for the purpose of providing for the safety of student, removing student when necessary and de-escalating situations outside the classroom.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: age appropriate activities when working with high risk youth; and concepts of grammar and punctuation.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Prefer reading and math intervention experience.
Education Targeted job related education that meets organization's prerequisite requirements. Must have 60 college credit hours or pass the Paraprofessional test in the State of MO.
Required Testing None Specified
Continuing Educ. / Training None Specified
Certificates & Licenses Valid Driver's License & Evidence of Insurability
Clearances Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance