Open Positions for Lucia Mar Unified School District
Openings as of 9/25/2020
Search Job Postings
-- Any Location --
Arroyo Grande High School
Dana Elementary School
Facilities and Maintenance
Grover Beach Elementary School
Grover Heights Elementary School
Mesa Middle School
Multiple Sites (Certificated Only)
Multiple Sites (Classified Only)
Multiple Sites (Coaches Only)
Multiple Sites (Substitutes Only)
Nipomo High School
Paulding Middle School
Warehouse & Purchasing
miles of Zip:
Posted in the last:
Sort Results By:
Openings as of 9/25/2020
SUBSTITUTE FOOD SERVICE WORKERS
Food Service Worker
Multiple Sites (Substitutes Only)
Substitute Food Service Workers
$12.75 hourly rate
on call, as needed
Application deadline: Open Continuously
Under the direction of the Unit Leader, to assume responsibility in a specific area as well as perform general duties in a food service facility.
1. Ability to use good judgement and make independent decisions; keep detailed records; generate reports using computer technology; perform moderately heavy manual tasks; understand and follow verbal and written directions; establish and maintain cooperative relationships; perform mathematical computations used in the preparation of quantity foods; stay calm and work with speed and accuracy under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
2. Ability to drive and maneuver district vehicles.
3. Possess valid California driver license.
1. Food Service work experience or knowledge of basic methods of food preparation, serving and storing; the care and use of quantity cooking equipment; nutrition information required to substitute components of recipes and menus as needed; safety and sanitation rules.
2. Ability to communicate verbally in Spanish.
(Depending on location, employee
may perform some or all of the following functions
, and the functions may assume a different priority.)
1. Prepare food by performing tasks such as slicing meat, baking breads, making desserts, etc., as well as portioning and packaging prepared food.
2. Serving of food during breakfast, lunch and snack periods and general kitchen clean up after each serving period.
3. Operate some or all food service equipment, which may include slicer, mixer, tilt skillet, fryer and oil filtering equipment, convection oven, range, warmer, refrigerator and freezer, wrapping machine, sectionizer, coffee maker, steam table, soft drink machine, cocoa machine, mobile cruiser cart, and speed line equipment..
4. Cashiering tasks, such as taking money and lunch cards from students, checking names off roster, and compiling daily bank deposits.
5. Maintain and compile records, such as production worksheets, student charges, student rosters, daily participation report (green sheets), etc.
6. Retrieve information from computer terminal.
7. Drive district vehicles and be responsible for pack-out, delivery and serving to a food service facility.
8. Direct co-workers in specific tasks and maintain safety and sanitation standards for assigned area.
9. Assist with inventory.
10. Receive food and supplies as well as store foods in walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
11. Assist in training substitute food service workers.
12. Maintain proper care of equipment.
13. Assume duties of unit leader in their absence.
14. Perform other duties as required.
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to stand and circulate.
3. Ability to ascend and descend steps.
4. Ability to see and read, with or without vision aids.
5. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
6. Ability to communicate so others will clearly understand normal conversation.
7. Capability to lift boxes of food stuffs weighing 40 pounds and food pans, pots, and trays weighing 30 pounds regularly throughout the workday. Lifting will include bending, squatting, reaching, pushing, pulling, holding, and carrying the items. Boxes of food stuffs must be lifted from a variety of levels to chest heights. Food trays must be lifted from inside ovens, refrigerators, stove tops, and serving lines requiring additional bending, squatting, and reaching. Employees may be required to lift over 40 pounds with assistance.
8. Ability to reach in all directions.
9. Physical dexterity in limbs and digits to operate equipment such as slicer, tilt skillet, convection oven, range, warmers, wrapping machine, sectionizers, coffee maker, steam table, refrigerators and freezers, soft drink machine, cocoa machine, district vehicles, mobile cruiser carts and speed line equipment, as well as computer keyboard and calculator
10. Ability to load district vehicles with food carts and transport containers which may require operating lift gate and secure in vehicle.
11. Ability to push/pull a food cruiser on uneven ground.
12. Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time in all kinds of weather, i.e. hot, cold, windy.
13. Ability to work in refrigerator or freezer for various periods of time.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Food Services.
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 9/25/2020 6:42:45 AM CST.
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions -
You can also view
California teaching jobs
at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
FMLA regulations require all employers to post the
updated FMLA notice
Click here to view the Job Postings.
Powered by applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.