Openings as of 1/17/2022
Description: The district is seeking an individual to fill the role of Pupil Services / Special Education Director. Qualifications: Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in special education or additional professional development in special education; valid Ohio certification/licensure as a Supervisor, Administrator, or Educational Administration Specialist; experience in teaching, administration or supervision of special education programs and pupil services preferred; demonstrated ability to oversee successfully the coordination of a continuum of student services; must pass the required FBI/BCI background checks. Working Conditions: Salary and work year as well as terms and conditions of employment shall be determined by the Cardinal Local Board of Education in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code.
Electrical systems knowledge and/or certification (knowledge of 480 volt 3 phase electrical system preferred)
General contracting: successful work experience
Knowledge of building trades, mechanical systems, building and plant maintenance and operation; preventative maintenance; employee supervision; mechanics of vehicles, hydraulics and tractors; purchasing procedures and inventory control.
5 years of supervisory and related work experience is preferred.
Must have experience with the use of technology in particular with facility management and building operational systems.
Or such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
To effectively and efficiently supervise those activities concerned with construction and/or maintenance of the physical plants, and keeping the grounds, buildings and equipment in effective working condition and state of repair ready for daily use.
To remain current on continuing education and skill development required for execution of the responsibilities of this position.
260 days per year (minus approved vacation and holidays)
Starting salary $72,839 commensurate based on experience.
1. Follows board policies/administrative procedures and supports the district mission statement.
2. Supports the district and building athletic codes of conduct.
3. Organizes, administers, supervises, and evaluates the assigned activity according to the policies and regulations of the board and/or appropriate governing body.
4. Meets with the director of athletics/activities and principal to develop and review the purpose statement, budgets, schedules, policies/procedures, and related handbooks.
5. Attends all mandatory local and state meetings.
6. Maintains records, reports, and inventories and submits reports in a timely manner.
7. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
8. Informs participants, individuals, groups or teams of program performance objectives, regulations, responsibilities, and required documentation.
9. Selects and prepares individuals, groups or teams for competitions/performances, as needed.
10. Coordinates and implements tryout, practice, and competitions/performances in conjunction with the school calendar and the director of athletics/activities and principal.
11. Recommends students for and participates in recognition programs, as needed.
12. Follows district policies for fundraisers and student activity accounts. Supervises collection of necessary fees.
13. Organizes, maintains, and supervises equipment and inventories, making recommendations for future needs.
15. Provides information to, utilizes resources of, and supports groups, as appropriate.
16. Manages internal and external communications.
17. Reports evidence of suspected child abuse as required by law.
Performance Evaluation: Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions adopted by the board of education and contractual agreements.
One Rocket Nation is a caring community that empowers children to be happy and successful.
Learn. Launch. Lead.
We are looking to welcome a Varisty Head Coach, Boys, Lacrosse into our Rocket family.
Salary: Supplemental Pay Scale
Reports to: Athletic/Activities Director
CERTIFICATION: Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit; Sports First Aid Training; CPR Certification; Fundamentals of Coaching Course; Concussion Course QUALIFICATIONS: Dynamic leadership qualities Outstanding communication skills with student-athletes, coaches, parents and teachers Knowledge and dedication to 7-12 program development Coaching experience preferred Meets all mandated health requirements Provides documented evidence of clear criminal record
Internal Candidates: Please send a letter of interest to:
Mr. Matt Spellman, Director of Athletics/Activities
Bay Village High School
29230 Wolf Road
Bay Village, OH 44140
Job Objectives: Completes repairs, upgrades, cleaning, and preventative maintenance to buildings, grounds, vehicles, and machinery as assigned. Maintains the district’s landscaped areas and playing fields. Minimum Qualifications:
Cleaner - Keystone Middle School
8 hours per day - 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (half hour unpaid lunch)
5 days a week - Monday through Friday
BCI and FBI background check is required.
Visit our website atwww.keystonelocalschools.orgClick on Employment.
All applications must be submitted via AppliTrack.
BAY VILLAGE CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT JOB DESCRIPTION Title: Substitute Educational Aide Reports to: Classroom teachers and Building principal Candidate must pass a background check and obtain an Aide Permit from Ohio Department of Education Salary: $13.17 per hour. Benefits are not included with this position. Job Goal: This position will provide support to our classroom teachers and students. The support needed includes, but is not limited to, working with students in building or a virtual setting, providing instructional support, assisting with educational software, and classroom management. Minimum Qualifications:
- Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional staff with students in the classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives, and to free certified professional employees from non-professional duties such as proctoring study halls to enable them to make a contribution to other aspects of the educational program, such as curriculum development.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, and other skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments.
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Assists students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising the student lunch programs, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas.
- Accompanies students on field trips for the purpose of assisting with supervision.
- Constructs, copies and distribute and use educational materials as needed.
- Assists teacher with parent contact as requested to foster effective and participatory parent involvement in student education.
- Assists students with special needs in all aspects of classroom instruction to maximize inclusion, learning, achievement if IEP objectives, etc.
- Participates in IEP process and serves as resource for the student personnel evaluation team as needed.
- Assist students with physical or mental disabilities with activities of daily living for the purpose of maximizing their ability to participate in school or learning activities.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
- Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of college level coursework or passing of examination as required by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Description: The district is seeking an Attendance Secretary at Cardinal High School starting with the 2022-23 school year. Qualifications: Candidates must pass required background checks, possess good work ethics, be proficient with computers and technology, experience with Google applications, previous experience preferred. Working Conditions: 212 day contract, 8 hours/day. Terms and conditions of employment shall be in accordance with the OAPSE agreement.
One Rocket Nation is a caring community that empowers children to be happy and successful. Learn. Launch. Lead. Position Title: We are looking to welcome a Glenview Child Care -Floater Teacher into our Rocket family. Position Details: Schedule: 7.5 hours daily Salary: Hourly Rate of $12.20 or commensurate with experience and education Reports to: Director of Glenview Center and assigned supervising teacher This is not a Bay Teacher's Association positon. Job Objectives: Plans, implements, and evaluates the student learning experiences. Credentials: Minimum Qualifications:
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation will be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions. 1. Follows board policies/administrative procedures and supports the district mission statement. 2. Supports the district and building student codes of conduct. 3. Aligns activities/experiences/lesson plans with the district’s adopted courses of study, curriculum and Ohio Standards. 4. Supports mandated extended classroom programs and curriculum and collaborates with other staff as required. 5. Recommends items for inclusion in the annual budget. Requisitions supplies and equipment. 6. Maintains/submits records, correspondence, and reports in a timely manner. 7. Communicates and consults with administrators, staff, parents, and students. 8. Reports evidence of suspected child abuse as required by law. 9. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information. 10. Fosters a safe and secure work and learning environment. 11. Participates in after-school programs/activities for example open house programs and parent-teacher conferences. 12. Participates in required professional growth opportunities. 13. Teaches/supervises assigned classes. 14. Establishes and implements a classroom management policy. 15. Evaluates preschool students’ progress and prepares periodic assessments at a minimum of twice a year. School-Age program assessment will be used to plan curriculum, assist with homework, and reinforce concepts being taught at the elementary schools. 16. Promotes a classroom environment conducive to the achievement of academic/behavioral objectives. 17. Makes a referral to the student assistance team when a need is indicated. Works with team members to develop an intervention plan to be implemented for identified students, such as section 504 and individualized educational plans (IEP’s) or other mandated federal and/or state plans. 18. Administers standardized student assessment instruments as required. 19. Performs other job-related duties as required. Working Conditions: The following situations are examples of possible working conditions that may range from remote to frequent based on circumstances and factors that may not be predictable. · Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogens and communicable diseases. · Potential for interaction with disruptive and/or unruly individuals. · Duties may require operating and/or riding in a vehicle. · Duties may require lifting, carrying, and/or moving instructional supplies and equipment up to a weight of 40 pounds. · Duties may require performing activities that include standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, and/or crouching. · Duties may require traveling to meetings and work assignments. · Duties may include communicating needed assistance to assigned aides and volunteers. · Duties may require considerable telephone contact and paperwork. · Duties may require working under time constraints to meet deadlines. Performance Evaluation: Job performance is evaluated according to the policy provisions adopted by the board of education and contractual agreements.
The Bay Village Board Education is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Please visit our website: bayschoolsohio.org to read our Equity Commitment.
Description: The district is seeking a long-term substitute Technology teacher for Cardinal High School. Qualifications: Candidates must pass the required background check, and hold a current, valid license; experience preferred Working Conditions: Position to begin on or around November 15, 2021. Rate of pay to be $100.00/day for the first sixty (60) consecutive days followed by base rate of $182.74/day for the remaining duration of the assignment. Assignment to last approximately twelve weeks.
Spanish Language Teacher - Long Term Substitute
Midview Local Schools in Grafton, OH is seeking a long-term high school substitute Spanish
teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The candidate will be responsible for teaching
Spanish levels II and III
The candidate is expected to teach approximately twelve weeks beginning in early
If selected to fill the position, the successful candidate must be (or become) employed through the Lorain County ESC and have proper licensure.
· Minimum of BA degree in subject area;
· Ohio Teaching certificate or equivalent preferred
· Successful teaching experience preferred
· Fluent or nearly fluent in Spanish
· Understanding of educational theory and practice
· Ability to use technology inside and outside the classroom
· Willingness to collaborate with others
· Familiarity with current foreign language methodologies
· Classroom management skills
Questions? Contact Green Local Schools Office of Human Resources at 330-896-7584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description: Home instruction tutors are needed ongoing throughout the school year for students in grades K-12. Tutors will be assigned as needs arise. Qualifications: Candidates should hold Ohio Educator Licenses in the subject they will tutor for. Working Conditions: Terms and conditions of employment shall be in accordance with the negotiated agreement between the Cardinal Teachers Association and the Cardinal Board of Education, as applicable. Rate of pay will be $27.00/hour. Hours will be determined on a case-by-case basis up to five (5) hours per week. Internal Candidates: Please send letter of interest/e-mail to: Alanna Hruskal that includes your area(s) of licensure by Tuesday, September 7, 2021. External Candidates: Should apply via AppliTrack