Openings as of 9/20/2019All
Coaching Vacancies: Assistant Football, Basketball, Wrestling & Baseball for 19-20 school year
Teaching Field: Open
Salary : Salary Schedule + Stipend (Negotiated)
Contact : Jason Leavitt, Athletic Director firstname.lastname@example.org (580-) 767-8075
Reports to: Athletic Director
Supervises: Participating Students, Assigned Assistant Coaches and Volunteers
Qualifications: Valid Oklahoma Teaching Certificate
Experience in Coaching
Current CPR Certification
Current Athletic Care & Prevention Certification
Courses in Coaching Theory Preferred
CDL Safety Education Certification
Job Goal:Promote excellent athletic performance in a safe and sportsmanlike manner. To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
About Ponca City Public Schools: Ponca City is the 20th largest district in Oklahoma, with over 4,900 students. Ponca City is committed to providing students with state of the art facilities. The community supports this endeavor and has passed bond issues to allow for the following athletic facility improvements. Athletics: $2 million - Construction of new Press box and Ticket Booth at Sullins Stadium $1.8 million - Upgrade of Robson Field House and Wrestling Facility $600 K - Installation of Turf and Upgrade in Baseball and Softball Fields $2.3 million - Weight Training Facility $3.2 million- Football Locker Room
Employment Terms: 10 month
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Evaluation: Annually by Athletic Director
Physical Demands: This is an overview intended for compliance with the ADA – it is not an exhaustive list of the duties to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
Regular Requirements: Stand for extended periods; run, walk, jump; twist at the neck and trunk; bend at the waist; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; reach with hands and arms overhead, above shoulder and horizontally; lift/move up to 50 pounds
Occasional Requirements: Ability to administer CPR
Visual Requirements: Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
Hearing/Speaking Requirements: Adequate to exchange information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to maximize the learning experience of students with special needs, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities, outcomes; addressing students' specific needs; providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues, and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in PPT's and assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's and behavior management plans.
- Coordinates with outside agencies, organizations and institutions, including state and federal authorities as needed.
- Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with social work services.
- Serves as ready resource to students and parents to provide counseling that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management; serves as liaison between home and school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Assists in the orientation of new teachers, and provides in-service training in guidance.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- State Certification as a Special Education Teacher.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in Special Education.
- Successful prior special education teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is for Computer Applications Position with a preference for Career Tech Certification.
Position Description: Heritage Hall, a private pre K - 12 school of 923 students in Oklahoma City, seeks an experienced, dynamic upper school English teacher for a full-time position. The position includes teaching up to five sections in a digital learning environment (one laptop for every student) in an alternating A/B extended period schedule with an eight day cycle. All classes are taught in small sections of fifteen to eighteen students balanced among writing mechanics, literary analysis, and composition.
Other Responsibilities: In addition to teaching responsibilities, faculty at Heritage Hall may coach or supervise a variety of activities typical to a private day school environment, including advising, coaching, committee work, or sponsorship of an activity.
Education: An advanced degree in the subject area is welcome but not necessary.
Experience: Teaching experience is preferred. Some fluency with technology is useful, knowledge of current pedagogy, and exposure to project-based learning are a plus. As part of a school, the candidate should possess a demonstrated interest in making a positive impact on the lives and learning of adolescents, and demonstrates an eagerness to work within a diverse student body in a richly learning environment..
Salary: Competitive with other area schools.
Procedure: Candidates should forward electronically a cover letter and CV with an Employment Application and letter of inquiry to Mr. Nick Carter, Assistant Head and cc: Robert Ring, English Chair (add link) The subject line in the email should be titled English Teacher.
Start Date: The position opening commences in August 2019
This position is for an English Teacher at Senior High
SUMMARY: Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women. This position is exempt from Fair Labor Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participate in curriculum review and design.
Implement a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
Diagnose and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner.
Monitor student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
Refer students for alternative services as provided by the District (ESL, Reading, Special Reading).
Effectively implement district initiatives.
Effectively collaborate with department and grade level teachers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Vacancy Description: Hobart Public Schools is accepting applications for a High School Math Instructor. Qualifications: Current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate with proper endorsements required. Application Procedure (REQUIRED): To apply for this vacancy, please contact our district at: website: www.hobart.k12.ok.us; email: email@example.com telephone: 580-726-5611
or mail: Hobart Public Schools P O Box 899 Hobart OK 73651
Materials required for consideration: Included with your application, please provide: resume, reference letters, transcripts, etc Contact Information (REQUIRED): For more information or questions, please contact: Mark Harmon 580-726-5611
Durant Public School is taking applications for the 2019-2020 school term for the position of High School Math Instructor. Teaching subjects to be determined by applicant certification.
Barnsdall Public School is accepting applications for the position of Secondary Math Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Barnsdall Schools is a rural school in Northeastern Oklahoma. The school is currently on a 4 day a week schedule, Monday through Thursday. The Board of Education has the right to fill the position at any time. EOE
Position Description: Heritage Hall seeks a Calculus/Precalculus teacher for a full-time position in the upper school math department. Duties begin in early August 2019. The position includes teaching up to five sections in a 1:1 digital environment (one laptop for every student). All classes are taught in small sections of 15 to 20 students. Classes meet for four 70 minute instructional periods four times in an eight day cycle.
Other Responsibilities: In addition to teaching responsibilities, faculty at Heritage Hall may coach or supervise a variety of activities typical to a private day school environment, including advising, coaching, committee work, and supervisory duties. The candidate may be invited to sponsor an activity in an area of interest.
Education: An advanced degree in the subject area is preferred but not necessary.
Experience: Teaching experience is preferred. Familiarity with technology, knowledge of current pedagogy, and project-based learning are preferred. As part of a school, the candidate should have passion for making a positive impact on the lives and learning of adolescents and an eagerness to work within a diverse student body of under 400 students.
Procedure: Candidates should forward electronically a cover letter and CV with an Employment Application and letter of inquiry to Mr. Nick Carter, Assistant Headmaster. The subject line in the email should be titled Mathematics Teacher.
Duties of all Epic teachers:
**Highly Desired Certification**
Google Certified Teacher Level 1
While it is not a requirement, we highly desire teachers to be a Google Certified Teacher Level 1 at the very least. There is a $10 fee to become Google Certified Teacher Level 1 that will be your responsibility to pay for. The process takes about 180 minutes to complete. You will have the opportunity to upload your completion certificate in the application process. Please understand that while it is not required, and teachers that are not Google Certified Teachers will be considered, teachers that are Google Certified Teachers will get priority application review.
Richard Maxey M.H.A.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Epic Charter Schools
12312 St Andrews Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
405-749-4550 x 212
Please e-mail a letter of interest & resume to: Danny Crabb, firstname.lastname@example.org 716 N.E. Highway 66, Sayre, OK 73662.
Sayre Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidate must have Oklahoma Teaching Certification.
Preferences include: Physical Education
An ideal candidate for this position will have an Oklahoma Certification in Physical Education and a strong background in technology. The candidate will teach PE and monitor student progress in online and blended learning environment.
apply at www.pcps.us click employment in upper right hand corner
Apply for positions at teachersteachers.com Complete application and include materials required for consideration Send to Pamela Webster, Business Services Assistant at: email@example.com
Completed application Resume Reference Letters Copy of transcripts Copy of Oklahoma Certificate or proof of eligibility Any other materials that might enhance your application
405-478-1336, Ext. 5401