To establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete the online application. Your application will be retained in active status for one school year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
Our mission "We are champions of children who inspire and nurture the whole child by providing innovative, high-quality educational opportunities that prepare all students to embark on individual paths of success in a globally diverse community." serves as the foundation for the strategic work currently underway.
PCSD is organized into one high school, one middle school, and five elementary schools. Under the District's Strategic Plan each school has been designated as a Community School. Under the Community School Initiative, PCSD seeks to increase its impact on student learning by strengthening and employing effective practices that lead to in and out of school success.
The Poughkeepsie City School District educates approximately 4200 children (47% African American, 38% Hispanic and 9% caucasion) in grades Pre K-12. PCSD is transforming our Early Learning Center, 4 Elementary Schools, Middle,and High School with a $98 Million dollar capital project to support innovating our thinking and approaches to supporting student success. PCSD remains committed to delivering on the democratic principle that equal and high-quality education is every child's civil right. Our children are our future, and our future will be informed by how well we cultivate them to lead it.
The Poughkeepsie City School District is located in Dutchess County, NY in the beautiful Hudson Valley. In addition to the historic attractions, natural beauty, and outdoor activities in the nearby Catskill and Adirondack mountains, Poughkeepsie is part of the Metro North commuter rail line to NYC.
There are many great programss that are underway to elevate student success to new levels.
- School transformation efforts to continue under the $98 million Capital Improvement Project;
- A new K-8 ELA and Math Curriculum;
- Greater student social-emotional supports and programming under the High Needs Student Support Plan;
- Increased college readiness and workforce development programming for elementary, middle, and high school students;
- Continued progress in the district's strategy to integrate technology into the instructional program through the distribution of 1-1 devices; and
- More opportunities for PCSD children to cherish memories of their school experiences.