Facilitate the efficient operation of the school administrative office and provide clerical services for the school's administrative staff. Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus, including attendance, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data. Help parents and visitors when they arrive at campus.
High School diploma or GED
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases
Proficient skills in typing, word processing, keyboarding and file maintenance
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to meet established deadlines
Two years data entry experience and one to three years of secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into established database and verify accuracy according to established procedures.
2. Prepare and print reports, including attendance reports, grades, class or personnel rosters, end-of-semester reports, or accounting reports.
3. Maintain physical and computerized records, including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, class rosters, grade books and schedule changes if applicable.
4. Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from others schools, setting up cumulative folder and entering student data into appropriate databases.
5. Assist parents, students and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
6. Process and transmit requests for student information and transcripts.
7. Call parents to verify student absences as needed.
8. Report all attendance problems to designated administrator.
9. Data input and extraction with on-line computer regarding schedules, PEIMS data, grades, special programs (GT, Migrant, Spec Ed, ESL/Bilingual).
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Progress Reports, collect, alphabetize, and address at three-week intervals.
12. Assist in campus office as needed.
13. Assist students, teachers and parents as needed.
14. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
15. Maintain confidentiality.