Openings as of 4/18/2019High School Teaching
2. Assists professional staff members with the diagnosis of students with learning disabilities.
3. Works cooperatively with classroom teachers who have L.D. students in regular classes, interpreting the abilities and disabilities of these students, and providing assistance when possible.
4. Confers on a regular basis with professional staff members and parents concerning the progress of L.D. students.
5. Assists in the screening and evaluating of students in the L.D. program.
6. Prepares Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for all students enrolled in the L.D. program on an annual basis, revising throughout the year as need dictates. The IEPs are to be written per State and Federal rule and regulations.
7. Counsels L.D. students with educational, social and personal problems when necessary.
8. Stays aware of current trends in education by a continued programs of professional growth and study.
9. Keeps records and reports pertinent to the L.D. program.
JOB GOAL: To develop in each pupil skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing that are fundamental to good communication and literate citizenship; to develop appreciation of good literature of all types; to motivate pupils to read widely for information and recreation; to develop standards for critical judgement of written and oral communications transmitted by mass media; to discover and develop special talents of pupils in the field of English.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils..
4. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils; maintains required inventory records.
5. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil.
6. Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature. 7. Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas.
8. Evaluates each pupil’s progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
9. Establishes and maintains standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment. 10. Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Communicates with parents on pupils progress. 12. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
13. Participates in curriculum and other development programs.
14. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
15. Maintains professional competence through inservice education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
AFC School District #275 has the following position available: Full time high school PE/Health Teacher. Coaching opportunites available. Please fill out online application. Salary per contract Medical,Dental,Vision,Life, TRS