Thank you for choosing Regional School Unit #57!

To establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete the related online application from the listed job postings. Your application will be retained in active status for one school year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.

Anyone who works with children in a Maine school setting is required by law to be fingerprinted through a process approved by the Maine Department of Education. You may receive an evaluation for a certificate before having your fingerprints taken, but you won't be issued any type of Maine certification until your fingerprints are on file.

Please contact the Maine D.O.E. Certification Office at 207-624-6603 to check the status of your fingerprints or check our on-line NEO system.

Background Checks
If you currently hold a valid educational technician or teacher certificate, but it appears the Criminal History Record Check line is expired, you are still covered to work under that valid certificate. Read Informational Letter 88 (more about the CHRC).

Anyone other than teachers, educational specialists, administrators, or education technicians who works in a school only needs to have fingerprinting and CHRC approval. This includes bus drivers, secretaries, cafeteria employees, custodians, volunteers (at the school's discretion), and others including substitute teachers.

  1. Fingerprint sites and Approval Instructions. Initial approval to obtain eight week-temporary and first five-year card.
  2. Approval Renewal Instructions. If you need fingerprinting renewal, follow this process. You will not be sent renewal applications. It is up to you and your school to keep track of renewal.

Thank you for your interest in RSU #57.


Need Help?

We're here to help! For questions regarding position qualifications or application procedures, please contact Regional School Unit 57 directly.

For technical questions regarding the Applicant Tracking system, please contact the Applicant Tracking help desk using the Request Technical Help link below.
Request Technical Help