1. Performs duties as assigned by the Library Media Technology Specialist.
2. Organizes and maintains the routine operation of a school library media center; receives processes, circulates, and shelves print and non-print materials.
3. Provides students access to materials in all formats, including up-to-date, high quality, varied literature to develop and strengthen a love of reading.
4. Operates the computerized circulation system including checking materials in and out, and creating and distributing overdue notices and fines.
5. Catalogs and maintains all resources according to MARC standards.
6. Supports and work with teachers to design, teach, and create 21st century lessons for an engaging learning experience tailored to the needs of the students. In addition, assesses student learning and instructional effectiveness.
7. Supports and work with teachers on the integration of technology into all areas of the curriculum and instructional practices
8. Maintains routine records and files related to media center activities including circulation of books, monies collected, and lost materials.
9. Supervises students during media center visits. Performs other duties as necessary for the effectiveness of the organization.