* For best results on this webpage, please utilize Google Chrome *
Thank you for your interest in working with us to “Accelerate Hillsborough.”
Join our team of dynamic employees! We are actively hiring for all advertised positions. Apply today!
Learn more about our district, view current hiring incentives, and register for upcoming recruitment events.
Please read all information below:
Please make note of the following reminders to ensure your application is moved to ACTIVE status as soon as possible:
- The application website is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- One (1) application is utilized for ALL positions.
- Follow all directions and written guidance on the application pages to assist you with successful completion of the application.
- Remember to click "Finish and Submit" each time you apply for a position.
- All applications are classified as "PENDING" upon submission.
- Job postings close at 3:00 p.m. on the ending date of the posting.
- Finish and Submit must be pressed before this deadline.
- After your application is finalized and submitted, you will receive an email with important information. Please read the entire email.
- Applications are worked on a first in - first out basis.
- Please check your email for updates regarding your application status.
After your application is made "ACTIVE," you are encouraged to monitor available vacancies on this website and contact schools regarding positions for which you have applied. To contact a schools, you must have received an email stating "ACTIVE."
Are you interested in becoming a teacher for Hillsborough County Public Schools?
Check-out the Teach-in-Tampa website for information about becoming a teacher, upcoming events, and more: Teach-in-Tampa
To ask a question specifically about becoming a teacher, please email Teacher.Recruitment@hcps.net
View our current teacher incentives HERE
Helpful HINT: to become a teacher: The FASTEST route to become a teacher is to have a conferred bachelor's degree and to take subject area exams.
A listing of HCPS schools can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the main district web page. Click on the Schools > Link.
To find schools near a specific address, please utilize the School Locator
For information regarding our Transformation Schools, please click HERE
All job seekers must have an ACTIVE Online Application to be considered.
- This means that an email has been received that notifies an applicant that the application is "active." All filed applications are "pending" until this email is received.
- All sections of an application must be completed, and a completed, current supervisor reference must be received by the application center.
- Please use PERSONAL email addresses to establish the application user name.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL former employees must re-apply before interviewing at schools. Rehires must be fully re-vetted through the Application Center.
Tips for application completion and speedy response: Click HERE
To see if your skills match our posted openings, click HERE to open the job description page to search for the position's job description.
Only one (1) application is needed for all positions in Hillsborough County Public Schools. Please do not attempt to file a second application. This may cause delays in your application process.
Be sure to complete the “Position Desired” page within the application. In addition to applying to a specific Vacancy (on the “Vacancy Desired” page) the “Position Desired” page helps to ensure that your application can be considered for future openings when they become available. We strongly encourage instructional and site-based administrator applicants to include completion of the “Position Desired” page to be considered in a district wide "Pool" of candidates.
Are you a CURRENT Employee of Hillsborough County Public Schools?
(this section is for current HCPS employees)
Please "apply" via AppliTrack for posted positions.
** Current custodial, student nutrition, security, and transportation employees seeking employee transfer into the same bargaining group OR current instructional support or instructional employees seeking transfer into an HSEF position MUST apply online via AppliTrack for interview consideration. **
Some positions, such as District Administrative Management and School-Based Administrative positions, will require additional, updated information to apply.
For step by step instructions to complete an internal application, click on this link: Internal Applicants
To begin or update your internal application, click HERE.
- We encourage you to attach and upload information about you such as: recent observations, evaluations, certifications, in-service records, and/or a resume that will showcase your professional attributes and proven performance.
- You may wish to include student performance data, and other information that will attest to your performance and fit to your desired work location and position.
Please note, each position has skills and competencies that one must possess for consideration. Example, to apply for an accountant position, one must have current or updated skills that provide past practice demonstrating knowledge and proficiency in this area. Instructional employees need all current certifications on record with the certification office for highly qualified consideration. Please check your skills and competencies against position requirements by first reading the job description. Click HERE to open the job description page.
You may review your current employee profile (competencies and skills) by clicking HERE.
HCPS EMPLOYEES: if you need to update your current employee profile to apply for current or future positions, you, the employee, must contact the Application Center. After applying for a position on AppliTrack, HCPS employees can call the Application Center at (813) 840-7181. Please have an updated resume ready to submit to the Application Center if you have not already done so on your application.
This application website has multi-language translation accessibility. Applicants can utilize the Google Translate Extension for Google Chrome to read the application; however, all application questions must be responded to in English. The Google Translate Extension for Chrome can be found HERE.
Applications for specialized positions/programs (for existing and future employees) can be made through the following links:
Administrative District Vacancies and Administrative School-Based Vacancies are now posted on the left column of this page under "Categories" Administrative District and Administrative School-Based. When there are no vacancies in the category, the category will not appear.
Magnet School Positions
Hillsborough Principal Pipeline - Program for School Based Leadership
Are you seeking a Substitute Teacher position?
If so, please call Kelly Education Services at (813) 518-5999
Click to View Salary Schedules
Click to View HCPS CRI Hiring Guidelines
2920 North 40th Street
Tampa, FL 33605
- Please listen to all prompts before making a selection. This will allow you to be connected to the correct representative.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
Open: 7:30 a.m.
Close: 4:00 p.m.
Continuous Notification of Nondiscrimination
Pursuant to Title VI, Title IX, Section 504/Title II and other civil rights regulations, the School District of Hillsborough County (District) does not discriminate nor tolerate harassment on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or pregnancy in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices; and it will take immediate action to eliminate such harassment, prevent its recurrence, and address its effects. The District also provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other patriotic youth groups, as required by the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Dr. Pansy Houghton, Executive Officer, Compliance. 813-272-4000; email@example.com; 901 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33602.
Website Accessibility Statement
The School District of Hillsborough County is committed to providing websites that are accessible to all of our stakeholders. If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader, eye-tracking device, voice recognition software, etc.) and are experiencing difficulty accessing information on this site, the following person has been designated to handle inquiries or complaints related to the functionality or inaccessibility of online content: Dr. Pansy Houghton, Executive Officer, Compliance. 813-272-4000; firstname.lastname@example.org; 901 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33602. As required by Section 668.6076, Florida Statutes, you are hereby notified that: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing. History.--s. 1, ch. 2006-232.
Notice of Reasonable Accommodations