Spring Branch Independent School District
TEMPORARY - Support Specialist - Department
|Job Title: ||TEMPORARY - Support Specialist - Department |
|Reports To: ||Executive Director |
|Classification: ||Temporary |
|Wage/Hour Status: ||Non-exempt |
|Days: ||Start Date: To Be Determined |
|Salary: ||See Temporary Compensation Plan |
|Contract: ||None |
|Date Revised: ||10/21/2019 |
|Primary Purpose: ||Perform routine clerical office duties as assigned. |
|Qualifications/Skills: ||Education/Certification: |
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Assessment Standard: Basic knowledge of MS Word.
- Computer literate. Ability to operate various office equipment (copier/fax machine).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with people effectively.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lift and transport textbooks/materials to designated areas.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Bilingual a plus.
- Previous office experience preferred.
|Major Duties and |
|Communication/Reception and Phones: |
- Interact with and provide assistance to teachers, students, principals, custodians, nurse, district personnel and parents.
- Assist in scheduling appointments, meetings and conferences.
- Assist Administrative Assistant, Attendance Specialist and Library Media Specialist if necessary.
- Assist with various office duties (i.e. type, file, copy materials, answer telephone).
- Perform necessary computer skills as needed for special needs by principal (i.e. word processing, database, graphics, spreadsheets and data entry).
- Assist with the supply, care and distribution of textbooks.
- Prepare and maintain records if necessary.
- Assist with registration, recordkeeping, student withdrawals and book returns.
- Participate in cross-training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Equipment Used: ||Computer and various office equipment. |
|Working Conditions: || Mental Demands: |
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Moving small stacks of textbooks, boxes, equipment and other campus equipment.
|Application Procedure: ||Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at https://www.springbranchisd.com/join-our-team/applicants. |
|Spring Branch Independent School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title IX and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status or disability. |
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.