The Springfield City School District is seeking an Intervention Specialist licensed in Mild to Moderate needs to work in an urban school district at the Middle to High School level. Experience a child achieving at their highest potential of educational growth based on your innovative ideas and concepts of instruction. We are dedicated to providing a quality education to all students. Be a part of the continuing improvement that Springfield City School District strives to maintain.
About Oesterlen Services for Youth:
Residential Facility for children of varying age groups. The successful candidate will instruct students two sessions per day, 3 hours per session.
Team atmosphere, given the autonomy to teach different subject areas.
Support for this position will be provided by Oesterlen Services for Youth, as well as SCSD student services department and the School of Innovation staff/administration.
Successful candidates will possess or have applied for an Intervention Specialist license or have the ability to obtain a supplemental license as an intervention specialist issued by the Ohio Department of Education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• The ability to effectively differentiate instruction
• Accurately analyze data to plan instruction that is aligned to the common core State Standards
• Design engaging lessons and assessments that meet the needs of all students
• Be able to effectively manage and instruct whole and small groups
• Use research based pedagogy with excellent background knowledge of all content standards
• Be able to work collaboratively with multiple teams to ensure student success
• Establish and maintain a classroom community built on rituals and routines that promote structure and success for all students
As set forth by our negotiated agreement, teachers work 183 days per year.
Starting salary is $38,545.00 with increases for additional education and experience.
Salary details available online (SEA agreement) at https://oh02215834.schoolwires.net/cms/lib/OH02215834/Centricity/Domain/2212/SEA%20Final%20Contract%202017_2020.pdf
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/Page/2059
***Special note: $1,500.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful candidate!!!