Open Positions for Stow Munroe Falls City Schools
Openings as of 12/3/2022
Viewing All Types (
Search Job Postings
Elementary/Intermediate School Teaching
-- Any Location --
miles of Zip:
Posted in the last:
Sort Results By:
Openings as of 12/3/2022
Long Term Substitute - School Counselor
Elementary/Intermediate School Teaching/
PROPER LICENSURE REQUIRED: SCHOOL COUNSELOR
STOW-MUNROE FALLS CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Title: SCHOOL COUNSELOR (K-12) File 303
Plans/implements a comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program consistent with the district mission and legal requirements.
· Holds and maintains required state department of education credentials.
· Displays flexibility, reliability, self-discipline and a willingness to take on challenging tasks.
· Effective communication, problem-solving and time management skills.
· Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts responsibility for personal decisions/conduct.
· Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
· Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training may be required for some assignments.
1. Provides preventive and developmental counseling to help students
making skills that support academic, personal and social growth.
· Assists with program planning. Identifies opportunities to enhance student learning.
· Contributes to the development of dropout prevention, re-entry and school completion programs.
· Collaborates with staff to identify students struggling with academic and/or social-emotional issues. Helps investigate student concerns (e.g., abuse/neglect, attendance, discrimination, domestic violence,
emotional/behavioral issues, pregnancy, parenting, poverty, self-esteem, substance abuse, etc.). Initiates contact with parents, appropriate school personnel and/or community resources to address student
· Allots time for individual/group and classroom counseling. Helps students improve personal skills (e.g., accountability, interpersonal communication, responsible behavior, self-confidence, etc.).
· Participates in a differentiated referral system (i.e., informal intervention process) that allows staff/parents to request a consultation and/or student evaluation.
· Collaboratively resolves problems that impede student learning. Identifies teaching techniques, interventions and aligned resources best suited for each student.
· Serves as a resource for 504 plan development/implementation.
· Facilitates inclusion as the preferred placement method for students with disabilities.
· Works with staff to monitor intervention efficacy. Recommends modifications as needed.
· Advocates for students. Observes student demeanor. Investigates/reports atypical behavior.
· Helps students make appropriate choices and grow academically. Promotes creativity, critical-thinking, cultural awareness, democratic values, empathy, ethical conduct and self-reliance skills.
· Coordinates implementation of required state and district assessments.
Additional Elementary-Level Duties:
· Supports student social-emotional skill development.
· Implements structured student core ethical values education.
· Helps students understand the interrelationships between citizenship, school, work and family life.
· Facilitates student transitions (e.g., program placements, promotion to the next grade level, etc.).
Additional Secondary-Level Duties:
· Coordinates the preparation of the master schedule and curriculum guide.
· Monitors academic eligibility for student participation in athletic programs.
· Facilitates student transitions (e.g., alternative programs, promotion/graduation, school to work, post-secondary program enrollment, employment, etc.).
· Guides students in the investigation of individualized educational, vocational and personal goals.
· Helps students identify personal competencies/interests. Helps students use career resource materials to understand academic requirements associated with post-secondary objectives.
· Coordinates student readiness planning and testing activities (e.g., ACT Aspire, SAT, etc.).
· Facilitates student exploration and enrollment in career-technical programs.
· Provides employment and post-secondary training information (e.g., college, university, technical, proprietary schools; military services, etc.). Updates scholarships and financial aid information.
2. Exemplifies professionalism. Fosters goodwill to enhance the district’s public image.
· Acts in accordance with the
Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators.
· Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
· Contributes to an effective working environment. Performs all aspects of the job.
· Encourages community involvement in school-sponsored activities.
· Functions as part of a cohesive team. Develops mutually respectful relationships with co-workers.
· Keeps an acceptable attendance record and is punctual. Maintains a professional appearance.
· Participates in the development of best practices and advancement of academic standards.
· Respects privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
3. Maintains open/effective communications. Serves as a reliable information resource.
· Prepares and maintains accurate records. Submits required paperwork on time.
· Provides prompt notification of personal delays or absences.
· Refers policy interpretation questions to an appropriate administrator.
· Uses active listening/problem-solving techniques. Respects diversity. Resolves issues tactfully.
4. Pursues opportunities to enhance personal performance.
· Keeps current with professional standards associated with work duties.
· Updates skills as needed to use task-appropriate technology effectively.
5. Takes precautions to protect student and staff safety. Helps supervisors manage risks.
· Implements effective pupil management procedures. Provides appropriate student supervision.
· Maintains high standards for appropriate conduct. Takes action to address harassment and/or aggressive behavior. Complies with administrative directives and federal/state laws when dealing with
discrimination, inappropriate behavior, suspected child abuse or neglect.
· Manages student behavior using positive behavioral support techniques.
6. Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
· Helps implement workplace initiatives that advance organizational goals.
Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must comply with applicable workplace safety
regulations, health laws and district protocols,
if duties involve any the following situations:
· Encounters with angry, rude and/or unpleasant individuals.
· Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemicals, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, noise, moving mechanical parts, odors and/or slippery/uneven surfaces.
· Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and/or communicable diseases.
· Exposure to weather conditions and/or temperature extremes.
· Extensive standing/sitting. Frequent balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, or reaching.
· Operating and/or riding in a vehicle. Working in proximity to vehicular traffic.
· Performing difficult tasks that require dexterity, physical strength and stamina.
· Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
· Working at heights, in confined spaces and/or under diminished lighting.
The Stow-Munroe Falls City School District is an equal opportunity employer. This document identifies typical job functions and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible work duties. Employee
performance is evaluated according to board policy, administrative procedures and current contractual agreements.
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 12/3/2022 7:24:37 PM CST.
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions -
You can also view
Ohio teaching jobs
at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
FMLA regulations require all employers to post the
updated FMLA notice
Click here to view the Job Postings.
Powered by applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.