Openings as of 9/24/2018
Part Time Secretary to the Elementary School Principal
REPORTS TO: Elementary School Principal
CONSULTS WITH: Principal at the elementary, Teacher Associates and Teacher Aides at the elementary, Other Secretaries, Teachers, Parents, and General Public
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (General):
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Must have problem solving and decision making skills.
3. Must have effective verbal and listening communication skills.
4. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
5. Must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude.
6. Must have the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations.
7. Must have the ability to remain calm under trying circumstances.
8. Must have the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
9. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines,
and take direction.
10. Must be able to sort, distribute, or deliver mail and other documents.
11. Must be responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations or procedures in order
to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
12. Must have the ability to diffuse potential problems with students, parents, public, and staff.
13. Must be able to take inventory and order supplies.
14. Must be able to collect, receipt, and deposit activity money and general fund money.
15. Must have general knowledge concerning computer skills and technology.
16. Must perform other duties connected with the position as assigned by the principal.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Involving Teachers and Staff):
1. Call/Work with substitute teachers
2. Photocopying when needed
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Involving nursing - in the absence of the nurse):
1. Taking temperatures
2. Dealing with injuries (ice packs, bandaids, splints)
3. Tylenol/Ibuprofen/TUMS, cough drops
4. Administering prescription drugs (formal training for this)
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Involving Students):
2. Cumulative/Permanent Records (Pictures, Iowa Tests, MAPS, End of Year Report Card, etc.)
3. Requests for Student Records
4. Accident Reports
5. Parent-Teacher Conferences
6. Supply Lists
7. Handbooks (Parent/Student and 1:1 Device)
8. Award Certificates for End-of-Year Awards Ceremonies
9. Admit Slips, Passes, Tardy Slips, Advance Notice Slips, Personal Days, Perfect Attendance,
Discipline, Label Making
10. Backpack buddy distribution
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In accordance with the district approved contract. The salary and work year to be established annually by the Board of Education.
The elementary school principal, in accordance with the Board of Education’s policy on evaluation of personnel, will evaluate the performance of this job.