Provide personalized learning that supports each student in achieving his or her potential. Engages in professional growth and fulfills professional responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be responsible, regularly available and eager to substitute teach in the classroom. This position is not eligible for benefits.
(Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education, Certification/Licensure, Experience, Equipment)
A. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Ability to provide effective instruction to meet student needs relative to district benchmarks and standards.
2. Knowledge of “best practice” in teaching
3. Knowledge of the developmental characteristics of students at the designated grade level.
4. Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
5. Knowledge of the Iowa Teaching Standards
6. Knowledge of special education and section 504
7. Understanding of NCLB expectations
8. Knowledge of Federal Rights and Privacy Act and other civil rights regulations
1. Earned bachelor’s degree in Education or Board of Educational Examiners approved alternative.
Appropriate Iowa BOEE licensure
D. Background Check
1. A criminal background check and a child & adult abuse check will be conducted on candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates effective implementation of the eight Iowa Teaching Standards and 42 criteria as a substitute in Urbandale classrooms.
2. Demonstrates the ability to enhance academic performance in the classroom.
3. Demonstrates competence in content knowledge appropriate to the substitute teaching position.
4. Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meets the multiple learning needs of students.
5. Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning and demonstrates competence in classroom management.
6. Maintain a reliable attendance record.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Substitute teachers in the Urbandale Community School District earn $130/day or $65/half day. If you are selected to start the paperwork for being a substitute teacher at Urbandale, you will be contacted via email. If you have any questions please email Human Resources Manager Maggie Holton at firstname.lastname@example.org .
No student enrolled in the Urbandale Community School District shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in the District's programs on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status (for program), ethnic background, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (for employment) or socio-economic background (for program). The policy of the District shall be to provide educational programs and opportunities for students as needed on the basis of individual interests, values, abilities and potential. If you have questions please contact the district office at 11152 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA or call 515.457.5000. The district's Equity Coordinators are Dr. Keri Schlueter, Coordinator of Student Services; Mark Lane, Director of Human Resources; and Crista Carlile, Director of Teaching and Learning.