Provide personalized learning that supports each student in achieving his or her potential. Engages in professional growth and fulfills professional responsibilities.
(Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Education, Certification/Licensure, Experience, Equipment)
A. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to provide effective instruction to meet student needs relative to district benchmarks and standards.
- Knowledge of “best practice” in teaching
- Knowledge of the developmental characteristics of students at the designated grade level.
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Iowa Teaching Standards
- Knowledge of special education and section 504
- Knowledge of Federal Rights and Privacy Act and other civil rights regulations
- Earned bachelor’s degree in Education or Board of Educational Examiners approved alternative.
- K-8 Art or 5-12 Art endosement preferred
.D. Preferred knowledge, skills, an/or attributes
- Desire to or experience teaching elementary students preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other Notes: this position would begin approximately late March and be needed through late May. Substitute teachers in the Urbandale Community School District earn $130/day or $65/half day. In long term substitute teacher positions the daily rate is $175.89/day after 21 consecutive days in the same position.
- Demonstrates effective implementation of the eight Iowa Teaching Standards and 42 criteria
- Implements 'quality' principles and tools to create student-centered learning environments and improve overall quality and meaningfulness of learning opportunities.
- Meets professional responsibilities as outlined in the Professional Growth Assessment Plan, Employee Handbook, and Board policy.
- Develops, with supervisor, a plan for professional growth.
- Maintain a reliable attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Any questions regarding job openings or substitute paperwork, please contact Maggie Holton at email@example.com .
No student enrolled in the Urbandale Community School District shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in the District's programs on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status (for program), ethnic background, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (for employment) or socio-economic background (for program). The policy of the District shall be to provide educational programs and opportunities for students as needed on the basis of individual interests, values, abilities and potential. If you have questions please contact the district office at 11152 Aurora Ave, Urbandale, IA or call 515.457.5000. The district's Equity Coordinators are Keri Schlueter, Coordinator of Student Services and Mark Lane, Asociate Superintendent of Human Resources & Operations, and Crista Carlile, Director of Teaching and Learning.