TITLE: Student Teacher - Secondary
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Meet certification requirements of the
Department of Education, State of Iowa.
2. Such alternatives to the above qualifications
as the Board may find appropriate and
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Teacher Associates and Volunteers as assigned.
JOB GOAL: To help students achieve skills that will contribute
to their development as productive and
1. Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance.
2. Demonstrates competence in content knowledge appropriate to the teaching position.
3. Demonstrates competence in planning and preparing for instruction.
4. Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meets the multiple learning needs of students.
5. Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning.
6. Demonstrates competence in classroom management.
7. Engages in professional growth.
8. Fulfills professional responsibilities established by the school district.
9. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent or
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the building principal according to the guidelines of the master contract.
Approved by:________________________________________________ Date:__________________________
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property