HOURS: Various Shifts
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, and grounds maintenance.
3. Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports.
4. Demonstrates a reasonable degree of computer proficiency.
5. Meets such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Custodian Supervisor and Director of Support Services
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
1. Works well with others, maintain positive and effective communication with school personnel and students.
2. Demonstrates integrity and respects confidentiality.
3. Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work without close supervision.
4. Routinely and regularly attends work, arrives on time, and works consistently until the end of scheduled day.
5. Provides routine safety checks of building exterior, including playground. Follows and understands safety protocol.
6. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas, neat and clean according to the standards established by the maintenance staff at all times.
7. Cleans assigned areas of responsibility.
8. Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season, and to insure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
9. Performs tasks assigned by the Head Custodian.
10. Works with other custodians on jobs requiring more than one person.
11. Shares areas cleaning responsibilities to be scheduled around school programs.
12. Records and reports acts of vandalism.
13. Makes repairs or reports need for repairs to the Head Custodian.
14. Assists in the safety of all outside surfaces during freezing temperatures.
15. Assists in necessary cleaning, painting and general repairs to plumbing, electrical and general mechanical area.
16. Remains on call in case of an emergency.
17. Assumes responsibility for securing the building.
18. Keeps lighting and other energy systems to the minimum required to accomplish the task.
19. Moves and arranges furniture and equipment as directed.
20. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel.
21. Attends training and implements the protocols and procedures discussed in the training.
22. Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent, Principal.
23. Assists with safe drop off/pick up of students during start and stop of school day.
Be able to lift loads not to exceed 75 pounds.
Be able to climb and work from a ladder, scaffold and personal lift.
Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Bending, carrying, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wages and benefits established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property