Openings as of 12/17/2017
Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
• Vacuums all areas- hard & soft surfaces
• Repositions furniture correctly
• Dust/vacuum ceiling vents
• Vacuum upholstered furniture
• Trash removal
• Clean/sanitize desk/table tops, door handles, restroom fixtures
• Cleans glass,
• Dusts horizontal surfaces, clocks, overhead screens, blinds
• Spot cleaning of carpets and hard flooring
• Removes snow.
• Lawn mowing
• Assist with delivery of supplies
• Properly maintain equipment
• Report maintenance issues to Head & Lead Custodian
• Performs other duties as assigned .
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
Ability to lift & carry up to 56 lb.
Ability to climb up to an 8-ft ladder and perform custodial task ie; cleaning light fixture.
Ability to climb steps and work on uneven ground
Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
• In addition to these specific qualifications this person must meet all the general qualifications as listed in the custodian job description of the Davenport Community School District.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
SUBSTITUE SECRETARY POSITIONS
Positions are located at the Davenport Schools' Elementary, Intermediate and High Schools, or the Administration offices. Positions are generally on-call, but may also include short or long term. SUBSTITUTE SECRETARIAL
Rate of Pay: $14.39, $15.07, $16.39 or $17.06/hr Depending on classification of secretary needing sub (2017-18 School Year)
Special Qualifications Desired: High School Diploma or GED. Documentation of extended learning beyond high school, i.e., Associate's Degree, completion of relevant programs, etc. Two years of successful secretarial work experience.
Duties: Experienced in most Microsoft Windows Programs, including Outlook. May create projects using word processing, spreadsheets and database applications. May perform the following general office functions: switchboard, receptionist, data entry, etc. Possess the ability to speak effectively and great customer service skills with students, parents and faculty. Skills test will be administered.
Only interested and qualified parties need apply.
· Wage: -- $11.86/hr
· 1. Supervise the arrival and departure of students.
· 2. Supervise the lunchroom, hallways, restrooms, and classrooms as needed.
· 3. Supervise outside areas: Parking lots and nearby businesses, removing students as needed. Will also report imminent
· safety concerns.
· 4. Escort students as needed.
· 5. Deescalate potential problems with students.
· 6. Appropriately restrain high school students who are in danger of hurting themselves or others.
· 7. Attend all professional development offerings pertaining to the position and report pertinent information to staff.
· 8. Serve as a member of the school security team. Monitor and operate the school's security equipment. Assist with updating the
· building crisis manual on an annual basis.
· 9. Maintain a positive working relationship with the staff.
· 10. Be prompt to work and have excellent attendance.
· 11. Communicate with Law Enforcement, parents and staff on security issues.
· 12. Stay current on local gang issues and train staff in gang awareness.
· 13. Oversee any crisis situation if a building administrator is not present.
· 14. Provide written reports on school incidents, students' behavior matters, and safety/security issues.
· 15. Other duties as assigned by the building administration. .
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Walking, running, bending, stooping, restraining
· Ability to lift 50lbs or more
1. Experience working with high school students.
2. Experience working in the security field.
3. Prior training in CPI.
4. Understanding of and willingness to work with "at-risk" students.
5. Have a basic understanding of computer technology.
6. Able to be mobile continuously during working hours.
Duties & Responsbilities:
Special Qualifications Desired:
Interested Applicants should submit an online application.
Davenport Community School District is looking for Substitute Teachers and School Nurses!! Full day or half day shifts and flexibility to work when you want to! 2016-17 Pay Rates:
Current Iowa licensure (Teaching/Substitute/Substitute Authorization) required. For Substitute School Nurse positions, current RN license required. Great for individuals looking for flexible schedules. Please complete the on-line application. The following requirements are needed to complete the application:
For questions or additional information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (563) 336-3802.