Openings as of 10/23/2018
Part Time Childcare Associate.
Involved with all aspects of the daily program including activities, Parent Communication, required reports and meets physical needs for a group of children.
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET (High School Equivalency Test).
Training and Certification in CPR (Infant, Child, Adult) and First Aid.
Working knowledge of curriculum and activities developmentally appropriate for ages of children in classroom.
Current child abuse certificate (5 years) and agreement to further education in Early Childhood.
Responsible To: Child Care Director
Performance Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Promote/demonstrate good communication skills with families, other agencies and co-workers at all times.
2. Provide quality care for children by providing a planned curriculum, a loving, respectful climate, and safe environment.
3. Set a balanced schedule of small and large motor play; post schedule and follow daily.
4. Work cooperatively with children, parents, staff, and volunteers, to ensure a professionally competent childcare program.
5. Supervise children throughout the day in all activities and be aware of where each child is at all times.
6. Utilize time to complete all necessary documentation required throughout the day.
7. Function cooperatively and effectively in team settings.
8. Exhibit flexibility and a willingness to accept change.
9. Adhere to infection control guidelines when considering the health of a child and communicate information to the Director and parents.
10. Possess a working knowledge of emergency procedures as specified by the Director.
11. Communicate effectively and show respect for the parents.
12. Follow all policies and procedures set up by licensing and management.
13. Respect and maintains confidentiality of all information.
14. Supervise the daily health and hygiene habits of the children.
15. Attend all meetings required by the Director.
16. Exhibit a working knowledge of the Iowa Childcare Food Program standards.
17. Use good judgment and proper care and use of building, equipment, and supplies.
18. Follow lesson plan and schedule set up by lead teacher.
19. Ensure that environment is maintained and cleaned daily.
20. Possess a working knowledge of functions, goals, policies and philosophy of the center.
21. Work independently and with others in a classroom setting.
22. Remain current with continuing educational requirements.
23. Operate vacuums, washer, dryer, step stools, dishwasher, broom, dustpan, plunger, and mop when necessary.
24. Operate a computer, copier, time clock, and a microwave.
25. Push strollers, pull a wagons and operate a baby swings as necessary.
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
 The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job unless restricted by a negotiated contract.
Please contact Michele Ratliff at 641-969-4343 with questions about position.
EDDYVILLE-BLAKESBURG-FREMONT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR BUS DRIVER
Job Description: To maintain a smooth and efficient transportation system for the District, act in place of the Director when necessary and keep the District’s automobiles and buses in a state of operating excellence so that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
1. Highschooldiploma or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET (High School Equivalency Test).
2. Hold an Iowa School Bus Driver permit.
2. Pass pre-employment drug screening and record check.
3. A good driving record
4. Comply with random drug and alcohol testing.
5. Knowledge in the use of emergency equipment on a school bus.
6. Three to five years of previous school bus driving experience. (preferred)
7. First Aid Certification. (preferred)
Responsible To: Transportation Director- Superintendent to coincide with chain of command.
Performance Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Provide transportation in accordance with District policy and procedure as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations.
2. Obey all traffic laws and mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
3. Assure students get on and off school bus in orderly fashion.
4. Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects using pre-trip inspection form; notify Transportation Director or designee of mechanical concerns.
5. Maintain student discipline.
6. Keep to written route and time schedule.
7. Transport only authorized students and staff.
8. Participate in all training pertaining to the job.
9. Report all accidents immediately to the Transportation Director or designee.
10. Participate in all required drug and alcohol testing.
11. Have reliable attendance and punctuality.
12. Ability to operate vehicles during inclement weather.
13. Fuel bus and record necessary related information.
14. Keep bus clean inside and out.
15. Maintain a positive rapport with students, staff, parents and community members.
16. Maintain confidentiality in the school operation.
17. Keep busy throughout work shift using time wisely and completing tasks in a timely fashion.
18. Inspect tires and oil prior to the operation of the bus each day.
19. Arrive at the bus garage ten (10) minutes prior to departure time.
20. Initiate paper work to the Transportation Director of any discipline problem that is a school safety rule violation.
21. Participate in school bus safety rules.
22. Report all accidents regardless of how minor they might seem. File a complete report. The bus driver is responsible for student safety from the time students get on the bus until the students get to school or are returned home.
23. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 100 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
2. Ability to sit in one position for a prolonged period of time.
3. Must have manual dexterity to operate and handle equipment related to all aspects of maintenance or custodial tasks in a way that ensures safety while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk or hear, taste or smell, walk and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate tools or controls.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
2. Must have ability to tolerate chemicals in commercial strength detergents and cleaning solutions.
Terms of Employment: Days of service as specified in contract language. Salary established by the Board.
 The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job unless restricted by a negotiated contract.