Openings as of 10/23/2018Other
Part Time Childcare Associate.
Involved with all aspects of the daily program including activities, Parent Communication, required reports and meets physical needs for a group of children.
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET (High School Equivalency Test).
Training and Certification in CPR (Infant, Child, Adult) and First Aid.
Working knowledge of curriculum and activities developmentally appropriate for ages of children in classroom.
Current child abuse certificate (5 years) and agreement to further education in Early Childhood.
Responsible To: Child Care Director
Performance Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Promote/demonstrate good communication skills with families, other agencies and co-workers at all times.
2. Provide quality care for children by providing a planned curriculum, a loving, respectful climate, and safe environment.
3. Set a balanced schedule of small and large motor play; post schedule and follow daily.
4. Work cooperatively with children, parents, staff, and volunteers, to ensure a professionally competent childcare program.
5. Supervise children throughout the day in all activities and be aware of where each child is at all times.
6. Utilize time to complete all necessary documentation required throughout the day.
7. Function cooperatively and effectively in team settings.
8. Exhibit flexibility and a willingness to accept change.
9. Adhere to infection control guidelines when considering the health of a child and communicate information to the Director and parents.
10. Possess a working knowledge of emergency procedures as specified by the Director.
11. Communicate effectively and show respect for the parents.
12. Follow all policies and procedures set up by licensing and management.
13. Respect and maintains confidentiality of all information.
14. Supervise the daily health and hygiene habits of the children.
15. Attend all meetings required by the Director.
16. Exhibit a working knowledge of the Iowa Childcare Food Program standards.
17. Use good judgment and proper care and use of building, equipment, and supplies.
18. Follow lesson plan and schedule set up by lead teacher.
19. Ensure that environment is maintained and cleaned daily.
20. Possess a working knowledge of functions, goals, policies and philosophy of the center.
21. Work independently and with others in a classroom setting.
22. Remain current with continuing educational requirements.
23. Operate vacuums, washer, dryer, step stools, dishwasher, broom, dustpan, plunger, and mop when necessary.
24. Operate a computer, copier, time clock, and a microwave.
25. Push strollers, pull a wagons and operate a baby swings as necessary.
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
 The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job unless restricted by a negotiated contract.
Please contact Michele Ratliff at 641-969-4343 with questions about position.