1. High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSet (High School Equivalency Test).
2. Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed.
3. A Child Development Associate Credential (CDA), or two (2) years of college, or an Associates’ Degree Preferred.
4. Paraeducator Certification preferred. REPORTS TO:
Building Administrator – Superintendent – Board, coincide with chain of command Performance Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Escort children from classrooms to resource rooms, other programs, playground, busses, and parent pickup areas.
2. Supervise playgrounds, lunchrooms, and study halls.
3. Operate classroom office equipment and computers.
4. Record attendance, maintaining records and other clerical tasks.
5. Assist children with personal and hygienic care.
6. Set up and maintaining classroom equipment and learning centers.
7. Reinforce lessons initiated by the teacher.
8. Assist with district extra-curricular activities after school on a rotation basis with the rest of the staff.
9. Maintain confidentiality about all personal information and educational records, concerning children, and their families.
10. Implement behavioral management strategies-using the same emphasis and techniques as teachers.
11. Participate in professional development training.
12. Tutor individual children and groups, using instructional objectives and lessons developed by the teacher.
13. Assist with supplementary work for children and supervise independent study.
14. Assist the teacher in observing, recording and charting behavior.
15. Assist the teacher with crisis problems and discipline.
16. Assist with the preparation of materials for use in specific instructional programs.
17. Perform all other related duties as assigned Physical Requirements
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Standing, walking, speaking and exposure to students who may be ill.
2. Occasional lifting of over 25 pounds.
3. Some exposure to elements.