Openings as of 12/17/2017
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Holds a valid coaching endorsement
2. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
JOB GOAL: To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
1. Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
2. Head coach is responsible for coordination of all coaches in their sport and determines fundamental patterns to be employed.
3. Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
4. Makes recommendations for schedules to the head coach and/or athletic director.
5. Makes recommendations for purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
6. Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork as required.
7. Keeps records updated. Recommend a budget for their sport to the athletic director by April 1.
8. Oversees the safety conditions of the facilities or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
9. Follow up with the athletic director on purchase of equipment and supplies for sport. Responsible to do this well in advance so as to have items here and available for the start of the season.
10. Recommended that head coaches have a preseason meeting of athletes to cover all facets of their sport and further recommends that parents be extended an invitation to attend.
11. Work with managers at the end of the season to see that equipment is properly inventoried and stored, or sent to laundry or reconditioned company.
12. Responsible for setting training rules.
13. Responsible for news coverage concerning publicity for their sport.
14. Responsible for squad members conduct in locker rooms as well as on the field or court of play.
15. Makes recommendations to athletic director for conference consideration.
16. Responsible for submitting to the athletic director at the beginning of the season, a complete squad roster and the responsibility of keeping it updated.
17. Submit officials rating sheet at the close of the season.
18. Assistant and middle school coaches have all the above mentioned responsibilities along with carrying out the program within the framework determined by the head coach and helping with the planning and organization of the activities.