Openings as of 8/17/2018Student Support Services
KCSD is seeking a Reading/Special Education Associate or Para-Educator for the Knoxville Middle School. Associate (Teacher's Assistant)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma
1. Experience working with students in a classroom setting.
2. Positive, enthusiastic personality
3. Ability to obtain Child Abuse Reporting, Bloodborne Pathogens Certifications
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to work successfully with students individually or in groups.
2. Ability to follow direction and assist other associates and teaching staff in education students with special needs and behaviors.
3. Assists staff individually, or in groups.
4. Understands the role of adapting instructional activities and deescalating student behaviors to assist the students, and supports the student both cognitively and physically in the classroom.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, carrying, climbing, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking. EOE/AA Non-Discrimination Policy The Knoxville School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age (except students), religion, national origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability in admission or access to, or treatment in, its hiring and employment practices. Any person having inquiries concerning the school district's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), § 504 or Iowa Code § 280.3 is directed to contact: Knoxville Community School District Equity Coordinator: Superintendent of Schools 309 W. Main Street Knoxville, IA 50138 (641)842-6551 who has been designated by the school district to coordinate the school district's efforts to comply with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, the ADA, § 504 and Iowa Code § 280.3.
KCSD is seeking a Reading/Special Education Associate or Para-Educator. Associate (Teacher's Assistant)