Openings as of 3/21/2018Other
WHO MAY SERVE AS A SCHOOL VOLUNTEER?
School volunteers may be parents, community members, senior citizens or upper grade students who enhance and complement the educational program. Volunteers can be utilized in a variety of situations in schools, ranging from one time only to monthly, weekly or daily commitments. They may provide tutorial help, monitor lunchrooms, staff libraries and supervise playgrounds. Volunteers assist the classroom teacher, the school nurse or the clerical staff. They may make telephone calls, enter data, type or file. They might share a special skill, occupation or talent with the students.
• Availability, dependability, reliability, friendliness and flexibility.
• Special talents or abilities that help to enrich the school program.
• Recognition that accepting an assignment is a serious commitment.
• Strict confidentiality regarding students and school personnel.
• Awareness of the ethical and legal responsibilities involving the privacy of students' records.
• A desire and interest in working with children and youth.
• A willingness to learn and to follow directions.
If interested, click apply to complete and submit the online volunteer application, no paper applications will be accepted. If selected, you will be required to complete a background check, confidentiality agreement and other documents as necessary to your assignment.