Openings as of 12/17/2017
TITLE: HS Musical Technical Director, High School
Valid Iowa coaching endorsement or authorization, required
Demonstrate aptitude for performing tasks listed
Exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques in the sports field assigned.
Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations plus changes that occur.
Inventory, selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
Coach individual participants in the skill areas necessary for excellent achievement in the sports involved.
Carry out duties in the sport involved as it would pertain to clerical work, strategy meetings, equipment issue and return, facility preparations and supervision.
Please note that in order to be considered for the January 27th, 2018 Career Fair, candidates must have their applications fully submitted by January 8th, 2018 at 4 PM. The Career Fair is an "invitation only" event. Successful candidates will be notified the week of January 15th - 19th by email for interviews. 196 day contract
Desirable Position Criteria
Nutrition General Worker Salary: $12.46/hr (plus $0.75/hr for each Servsafe and SNA certifications)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Includes 30 minute unpaid lunch break Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include paid leave (personal and sick), IPERS, and medical/dental/vision insurance. Desirable Position Criteria:
Hours: 6:00am-2:30pm (8 hours a day), Approximately 211 working days/year
Pay rate: $19.02/hr Benefits:This position includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including IPERS, paid personal and sick leave, health, dental, and vision insurance. Desirable Position Criteria:
Terms of Employment: Part time Salary: $12/hr
Hours: Working hours normally between 3:30-11pm, as needed Desirable Position Criteria
· High School diploma, preferred
· Custodial experience, preferred
· Cleaning (vacuum floors, clean tables, empty trash, clean sinks, wet mop tile floors)
· Clean bathrooms
· Perform deep cleaning
· Other duties as assigned
Background check completion and pre-employment physical required prior to employment.
Hours: As needed. Preferred availability - 7:30am - 4:00pm Salary: $130/day (Partial days paid on hourly basis)
Registered nurse with valid Iowa licensure - BSN preferred
Current CPR certification
1) Participate in developing and implementing school health policies and procedures.
2) Maintain accurate and complete health records.
3) Manage time and resources in the provision of school health services.
4) Assess and document health and development status of students by planning and implementing health appraisals and screenings.
5) Identify specific health conditions which can have an impact on learning.
6) Control the outbreak and spread of infectious and communicable diseases.
7) Participate in developing and maintaining a safe and healthful environment.
8) Provide emergency care when needed.
9) Administer and record medications.
10) Participate in crisis intervention for students, families and school personnel.
11) Consult with Administration, parent/guardian and school personnel to keep the school district informed about pertinent health problems and needs of students.
12) Initiate the health referral process and serve as liaison among school, home and community.
13) Act as consultant and resource to the faculty in the planning and implementation of the health curriculum.
14) Provide health counseling to individual students, groups of students, families and school personnel.
15) Compile health materials and distribute as necessary.
16) Train, supervise and evaluate non-licensed personnel assigned to dispense medications and provide other services.
Terms of Employment: 180 student days Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67 /hr non-certified
Hours: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include IPERS and paid sick leave. Desirable Position Criteria
Schedule: All student scheduled days during school year Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67 /hr non-certified
Hours: 6 hours, 20 minutes plus a half hour unpaid lunch
Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include IPERS, paid leave (sick and personal), as well as competitive and comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance. Desirable Position Criteria
Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa licensure or para-educator certificate
Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include a comprehensive and competitive benefits package consisting of IPERS, paid leave (sick and personal), and medical/dental/vision insurance.
Hours: 6 hours, 20 minutes plus a half hour unpaid lunch
· High School Diploma
· Experience as an associate preferred
Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
Assists the teacher in devising strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
Supports generalization of skills in an integrated setting.
Demonstrates effective communication skills.
Demonstrates collaborative skills in a team environment.
Supports PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports) for all students in all settings.
Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
Implements behavior support plan.
Maximizes use of time throughout the day.
Guides independent work, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
Assists with the supervision of the students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
Assists with such large group and small group activities.
Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in such other forms of oral communication with students.
Assists with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
Assists with wash-up and toilet routines.
Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
Assists with accurate data collection.
Commits to ongoing professional growth to support the unique needs of individual students.
Terms of Employment: all student scheduled days
Hours: M, T, TH, & F: 8:00-3:30
Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license
$13.67/hr non-certified Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include IPERS and paid sick leave.
Hours: As needed
Desirable Position Criteria • Successful completion of a formalized interpreter program and certification preferred • Ability to read, write, and speak Arabic fluently • Knowledge of cultural customs of the groups and communities using the specified language • Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information • Ability to concentrate and listen for long periods of time Performance Responsibilities
• Facilitate cross-cultural communication for non-English speaking parents of all ages • Provide language interpretation as Arabic speaking parents interface with non-Arabic speakers • Provide written translation services • Follow-up with parents which may include making phone calls and documentation • Refer to reference materials as needed to ensure translation accuracy • Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors
High School diploma
Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
Assist the teacher in devising strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
Distribute and collect workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
Guide independent work, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
Assist with the supervision of the students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
Assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story-telling.
Read to students, listen to students read, and participate in such other forms of oral communication with students.
Assist with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
If hired, Substitute Associates have the opportunity to sign up for their preferred schools and area(s) of preference, such as: •Special Education Associate (greatest need/all schools/all grade levels) •Study Hall Monitor (Middle Schools) •Recess/Lunchroom (Elementary Schools) •Secretary (All School Buildings) •Receptionist (District Office and WILC) Great flexibility! Hours vary from full days to partial days depending on the assignment. Choose when you want to work through our online absence management system. If you are selected as a sub, you will be contacted by email. A criminal as well as a child and adult abuse check are run before an official start.
Substitute Nutrition Information
Hours: Varies, as needed between 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Desirable Position Criteria:
· Demonstrate aptitude for successful performance of tasks
· Be able to physically work in a standing position for prolonged periods and walk much of the time during the day
· Able to work in warm and cold surroundings
· Have manual dexterity to handle all kitchen equipment
· Able to lift materials weighing up to 30 pounds
· Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
· Assist in preparing foods; taste tests to check quality of product.
· May assist in setting up service areas.
· Assist with cleaning and storing of food, preparation, transporting and serving.
· Correctly portions and neatly serves food items.
· Clean lunchroom and kitchen after service.
· Is able to correctly operate all kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, slicers, mixers, ovens and all miscellaneous kitchen equipment.
· Practice safety precautions at all times.
· Cashier lunch/breakfast
· Perform all other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Board
Minimum Requirements: • Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university • Current Iowa License (teaching, substitute teaching or substitute authorization). Substitute Authorizations can only sub in Secondary buildings. General Responsibilities: Acting within the substitute handbook, performs duties of the absent classroom teacher. The substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction and managing the learning environment. The position reports to the building principal or designee at the location to which they are assigned. Selection Procedure: If you are selected as a sub, you will be contacted by email. A criminal background check and a child & adult abuse check are run before an official start.