Openings as of 12/15/2017Substitute
Hours: As needed
Desirable Position Criteria • Successful completion of a formalized interpreter program and certification preferred • Ability to read, write, and speak Arabic fluently • Knowledge of cultural customs of the groups and communities using the specified language • Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information • Ability to concentrate and listen for long periods of time Performance Responsibilities
• Facilitate cross-cultural communication for non-English speaking parents of all ages • Provide language interpretation as Arabic speaking parents interface with non-Arabic speakers • Provide written translation services • Follow-up with parents which may include making phone calls and documentation • Refer to reference materials as needed to ensure translation accuracy • Identify and resolve conflicts related to the meanings of words, concepts, practices, or behaviors
Desirable Position Criteria
High School diploma
Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
Assist the teacher in devising strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
Operate and care for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
Distribute and collect workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
Guide independent work, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
Assist with the supervision of the students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
Assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story-telling.
Read to students, listen to students read, and participate in such other forms of oral communication with students.
Assist with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
Assist with wash-up and toilet routines.
Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
If hired, Substitute Associates have the opportunity to sign up for their preferred schools and area(s) of preference, such as: •Special Education Associate (greatest need/all schools/all grade levels) •Study Hall Monitor (Middle Schools) •Recess/Lunchroom (Elementary Schools) •Secretary (All School Buildings) •Receptionist (District Office and WILC) Great flexibility! Hours vary from full days to partial days depending on the assignment. Choose when you want to work through our online absence management system. If you are selected as a sub, you will be contacted by email. A criminal as well as a child and adult abuse check are run before an official start.
Substitute Nutrition Information
Hours: Varies, as needed between 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Desirable Position Criteria:
· Demonstrate aptitude for successful performance of tasks
· Be able to physically work in a standing position for prolonged periods and walk much of the time during the day
· Able to work in warm and cold surroundings
· Have manual dexterity to handle all kitchen equipment
· Able to lift materials weighing up to 30 pounds
· Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
· Assist in preparing foods; taste tests to check quality of product.
· May assist in setting up service areas.
· Assist with cleaning and storing of food, preparation, transporting and serving.
· Correctly portions and neatly serves food items.
· Clean lunchroom and kitchen after service.
· Is able to correctly operate all kitchen equipment such as dishwashers, slicers, mixers, ovens and all miscellaneous kitchen equipment.
· Practice safety precautions at all times.
· Cashier lunch/breakfast
· Perform all other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Board
Minimum Requirements: • Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university • Current Iowa License (teaching, substitute teaching or substitute authorization). Substitute Authorizations can only sub in Secondary buildings. General Responsibilities: Acting within the substitute handbook, performs duties of the absent classroom teacher. The substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction and managing the learning environment. The position reports to the building principal or designee at the location to which they are assigned. Selection Procedure: If you are selected as a sub, you will be contacted by email. A criminal background check and a child & adult abuse check are run before an official start.