Openings as of 9/22/2018Student Support Services
Position Title: Student Supervisor
Immediate Supervisor: Principal or Designee
Summary: To perform general supervision of students by actively circulating and interacting with students in a positive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Student supervision as described in Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Quality of Work (Work is correct, precise, and neat; confidentiality is maintained, as job requires; work product presents positive/professional appearance.)
2. Quantity of work (The amount of work performed is evidence of high productivity; industrious; carries fair share of work load; seeks additional tasks.)
3. Knowledge of job (The job and job-related responsibilities are well understood and reflected in job performance; exhibits continuous improvement and ongoing learning.)
4. Creativity/Problem Solving (Offers new ideas; suggests innovative and better ways of performing necessary tasks.)
5. Interpersonal Skills (Works collaboratively with others; courteous; polite; pleasant; promotes positive image in contacts with co-workers and district's customers.)
6. Dependability (Completes work in a timely fashion; reliable; punctual; consistent attendance; stable and calm in a crisis or an emergency; works independently.)
7. Professional Appearance (Dress is acceptable for the job; appears clean, well-groomed and "professional.")
8. Organizational Skills (Exhibits ability to prioritize work; organizational skills enhance job productivity.)
9. Safety (Provides safety and security for self and others through following proper safety procedures at all times.)
10. Written/Verbal Communication (Convey information and ideas accurately and clearly to meet the needs of the reader, transfers thoughts and ideas into speech and presents clearly.)
11. Managing Change/ Adaptability (Demonstrates good understanding of organizational changes and communicates support for such change.)
12. Professional Approach (Professional, positive, and helpful approach with customers. Displays loyalty toward the organization. Demonstrates a capacity to understand customer (internal and external) requirements and produces a professional level of service that is satisfactory.)
13. Flexibility (Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, technology. Willingly takes direction and will modify one's preferred way of doing things.)
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma
Licensure or Certification:
Valid Iowa driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Effective and professional interpersonal skills.
• Poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Adequate knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, and talk or hear. Must be able to be on feet five to seven hours daily; standing, walking through hallways, rooms, and campus areas. Must be able to bend arms, torso, and neck. Must be able to occasionally lift, move, or push items of 50 lbs. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to supervise students in all types of weather, meet multiple demands from several people, and interact with the public and other staff.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The supervisor will be working in the hallways, rooms, campus and vehicles of the Linn-Mar Community School District. Noise level is quiet to loud. Work may be indoors and/or outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. Work may be performed during inclement weather, with exposure to extreme temperatures and conditions including snow and ice.Work may be in non-air conditioned rooms. Tobacco and alcohol-free environment. Fast-paced atmosphere with constant contact with students, staff, or the public. May include evenings. Direct responsibility for the safety and well-being of student.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position. These statements are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work
of employees under his or her supervision.