Openings as of 3/20/2018High School Teaching
BOONE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
To apply for this position please go to https://boone.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx on the Boone Community School District website. If you have questions please contact human firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note coaching opportunities at BCSD listed below)
CERTIFIED (LICENSED) OPPORTUNITY FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR:
High School Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher -- Boone High School
The Boone Community School District is looking for highly motivated teaching professionals to apply for this vacancy. Applicants must be properly certified in the State of Iowa for this position, or able to obtain such certification or provisional certification by the position start date.
The ideal applicant will be a subject matter expert in the teaching area, proficient in the use of student achievement data to guide instruction, able to openly and honestly collaborate with peers, able to use technology to present high quality student instruction, and committed to maximizing the learning potential of all students.
Applications accepted online at: https://boone.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Coaching Opportunities at BCSD
The Boone Community School District is an EEO/AA employer.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: Board Policy 102 states: The board will not discriminate in its educational activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, socio-economic status, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance, contact the BCSD Equity Coordinator Mrs. Jill Janes at BCSD, 500 7th Street, Boone, Iowa 50036; (515) 433-0750; email@example.com
Description: The West Burlington Independent School District is seeking a Junior High/High School Family Consumer Science Instructor for the 2018-2019 school year. Sign-on bonus offered. For further information, contact Bruce Snodgrass, High School Principal. Required Information:
Application Procedure: Apply online Open Until Filled
Family Consumer Science Teacher
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' skills and competence.
- Promotes critical and creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials for subject area, and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of subject area to everyday existence, including research projects, demonstrations, experiments, and laboratory activities.
- Instructs students in the proper use and care of equipment.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with district and Iowa State standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of a wide range of science subject areas..
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- State Certification as a Family Consumer Science Teacher or as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred, but not required.
Use the quick link below to apply online specifically for Bettendorf Community School District openings: https://www.applitrack.com/bns/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?choosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=2059 The Bettendorf Community School District is an EEO/AA employer.
The Council Bluffs Community School District is seeking applicants for the following teaching position for the 2017-2018 school year:
FAMILY CONSUMER SCIENCE TEACHER
Tucker Career and College Center
Internal candidates may bid on this position at www.cbcsd.org, select Careers, then Online Application and then select Internal applicants Only.