Openings as of 9/21/2018Higher Education
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE SCC EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE - https://scciowa.peopleadmin.com/postings/995
The Instructor, Information Technology at Southeastern Community College provides educational services as assigned, in accordance with general college guidelines, board policies, and administrative guidelines. The Instructor, Information Technology is a member of the Business and Information Technology (BizIT) academic department and reports to the Dean of Career and Technical Education or the Dean’s designee. The individual instructor is the key to the successful accomplishment of the college’s educational goals. His/her attitude, personality, knowledge, skills, and motivation contribute to the creation of an effective learning environment. Familiarity with the comprehensive community college philosophy is required.
The primary qualifications include meeting education requirements established by the college’s Quality Faculty Plan (QFP), the Iowa Department of Education, and the Higher Learning Commission, with additional requirements determined by the position held.
The term of employment is as per Bargaining Agreement between SCC Board of Trustees and the SCCHEA, employment contract, and relevant policies of the Board of Trustees and SCC.
The successful candidate will be required to teach courses in the Information Technology discipline, with a focus in Web Design & Development and Mobile Apps & Gaming. Courses within the instructor’s additional area(s) of expertise may occasionally be taught if qualifications are met per the Code of the State of Iowa and the Higher Learning Commission.
Office location and campus assignment will vary depending on student need, and may require travel to off-campus sites.
Other qualifications and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology is preferred.
4. Teaching and/or training experience required. 5. Community college teaching experience is preferred.
SCC’s Department of Business and Information Technology is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment and an educational experience that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Applications, resumes, cover letters can be sent to Colleen.Schmitt@kirkwood.edu.
Date: 11/21/2014 Position: Evening Adult Education ESL Instructors, High School Completion Program - Washingotn IA Classification: Part-time FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, the instructor is responsible for teaching ESL courses to evening adult education/literacy students enrolled in the Kirkwood High School completion program at the Washington Regional Center. The instructor also assists students in transitioning from ESL courses to other Kirkwood related opportunities in collaboration with other Kirkwood staff members The current opening is for Monday and Thursday evenings, 6-8:00pm, from January 5 – May 14th at the Washington County Regional Center. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES • Assisting students with coursework in a variety of formats including individualized instruction, computer assisted instruction, structured courses, and other methods. • Collaborate with fellow learning center instructors on curriculum development, student intake/advising, and staff development activities. • Conducting CASAS assessments for eligible students. • Perform other related work duties as assigned. • Provide contextualized, interactive instruction that includes cooperative learning tasks • Track attendance and submit monthly reports • Respond in a timely matter to communications and requests from program director and coordinator
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
• Prior experience teaching ESL, K-12 certification in ESL, or TESOL certification preferred. Degree in a field related to TESOL/ESL preferred.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, the instructor is responsible for teaching ESL courses to evening adult education/literacy students enrolled in the Kirkwood High School completion program at the Iowa City Campus. The instructor also assists students in transitioning from ESL courses to other Kirkwood related opportunities in collaboration with other Kirkwood staff members. Anticipated hours are approximately 10 hours per week, with courses meeting year-round. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES • Assisting students with coursework in a variety of formats including individualized instruction, computer assisted instruction, structured courses, and other methods. • Collaborate with fellow learning center instructors on curriculum development, student intake/advising, and staff development activities. • Conducting CASAS assessments for eligible students. • Provide contextualized, interactive instruction that includes cooperative learning tasks • Track attendance and submit monthly reports • Respond in a timely matter to communications and requests from program director and coordinator
• Prior experience teaching ESL, K-12 certification in ESL, or TESOL certification preferred. Degree in a field related to TESOL/ESL preferred. Please apply online at https://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?p=18761&pos_id=974
This 11 month position will provides administrative and secretarial support to the Education Department faculty. Maintains data and works closely with faculty and Field Placement Coordinator. Works with a wide variety of both internal and external stakeholders to contribute to the successful operation of a high quality teacher preparation program.
Essential Functions of Job:
1. Perform standard administrative assistant/secretarial duties as requested to support the Education faculty in a timely and accurate manner:
* Interact in a positive, friendly, professional manner with internal and external constituents
* Collect, provide, and distribute information requested among staff, faculty, and offices across campus.
2. Act as a professional point of contact for the Education Department.
* Be knowledgeable and helpful regarding academic programs, policies and procedures.
* Direct inquiries beyond scope of knowledge or authority to appropriate Department faculty or University personnel.
* Participate in university activities that foster spirit, teamwork, and morale.
* Maintain and observe consistent office hours: preferably 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. (including one hour lunch). Flexibility required in working before or after regular hours.
3. Support the functions of the Education Department
* Assist with registrations, hospitality, purchase orders, and other details for Ed Department related meetings.
* Update and distribute electronic applications, collect materials, and assist in verifying students’ eligibility for admission into the Education program.
* Assist Field Experience/Licensure Officer in licensure process, including driver education.
* Work with faculty and Field Experience Coordinator to manage contracts and other required documents such and the handbook and forms for assessment / cooperating teacher payment.
4. Support Education Department Chair
* Assist in various clerical tasks such as in the creation of faculty/adjunct teaching contracts, collection of waivers/payments for background checks.
* Record, archive, and distribute minutes of department-related meetings
* Maintain/track department budget and files on education students and graduates according to specified guidelines
* Distribute remuneration forms and supervisor evaluation forms to cooperating teachers. Prepare and process purchase orders for remuneration forms received.
* Inform education adjunct instructors of procedures for securing class lists, reporting grades, ordering textbooks/resources, verifying schedules, changing classrooms, printing copies, managing mail/messages/emails/phone calls, processing paperwork, using office space/equipment, etc.
5. Support Licensure Processes
* Work collaboratively with the Director of Teacher Education to review candidate applications for licensure and recommend candidates for licensure. Process licensure and endorsement applications by collaborating with the Registrar’s Office and Director of Teacher Education to verify that students have completed all program, graduation, licensure, and endorsement requirements prior to recommendation to the Board of Educational Examiners.
* Assist in keeping all teaching endorsements up-to-date at the state level by regularly reviewing the endorsements and making changes to exhibit sheets through the Department of Education’s electronic system. Assist Director of Teacher Education in the submission of curriculum exhibit sheets at the time of re-accreditation, and as academic program requirements change with each new catalog.
6. Assist with Assessment Processes
7. Assist in management of electronic data systems and data entry as needed data and assist as needed with orientations and student/faculty questions.
8. Maintain various spaces:
* Monitor the use of the curriculum library including checking in/out of materials and re-shelving books.
* Maintain schedule for conference room- arrange meetings, catering, and other meeting needs as requested
* Coordinate with other Rasmussen secretarial staff to keep common work space well organized, supplies stocked, and equipment in working order. Report repairs/cleaning.
9. Train and supervise work study students in performance of general clerical duties.
10. Undertake special duties and projects under the direction of the Department Chair and Education Faculty.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position requires:
This is an 11 month position. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:15 during the academic year and 8:00 - 4:00 during the summer. The one month off will be during the summer months.
Interested applicants should apply via our online application process and include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Pre-employment background check required.