Hours: Varies Probationary Rate: $12.94 Rate of pay: $14.51
Duties & Responsibilities: (Primary Function, Major Responsibilities, Summary of key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
1. Drives food service cargo truck to and from delivery destinations. May set up catering functions upon delivery.
2. Loading and unloading delivery goods-food, supplies, laundry and mail.
3. Maintains standards of sanitation and safety.
4. Practice good driving habits and exercise extra caution on school property where children are present.
5. Perform simple vehicle maintenance (fueling, oil check).
6. Inform supervisor of vehicle problems and complete work orders for repair work.
7. Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside and outside).
8. Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and supervisors. Maintain good public relations with students, parents, faculty and the community.
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
11. May assist with kitchen/food service/catering tasks when not scheduled for deliveries.
12. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
13. Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students to ensure each child reaches his/her full potential.
14. Good attendance and punctuality are a must to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of the job are performed successfully. Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
PHYSICAL - The van driver is physically able to operate a food service cargo truck and carry heavy, bulky equipment up and down stairs and is able to jointly carry material weighing at least 80 pounds. Able to work in standing position for prolonged periods and walk much of the time during the day;is able to work in very warm surroundings. Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Van Driver shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. The van driver must be at least 21 years old, and shall maintain a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record as defined by the Board Policy. It is required that the van driver have a high school diploma or GED.
--Successful completion of the following classes is required within 1st
year of employment: Nutrition 101 and Focus on the Customer for School Nutrition Assistants.
-- If working 6 hours or more, completion of a Food Safety in Schools/Serving It Safe class is required.