Openings as of 7/16/2018Other
Hours: As needed. Preferred availability - 7:30am - 4:00pm Salary: $135/day (Partial days paid on hourly basis)
Registered nurse with valid Iowa licensure - BSN preferred
Current CPR certification
1) Participate in developing and implementing school health policies and procedures.
2) Maintain accurate and complete health records.
3) Manage time and resources in the provision of school health services.
4) Assess and document health and development status of students by planning and implementing health appraisals and screenings.
5) Identify specific health conditions which can have an impact on learning.
6) Control the outbreak and spread of infectious and communicable diseases.
7) Participate in developing and maintaining a safe and healthful environment.
8) Provide emergency care when needed.
9) Administer and record medications.
10) Participate in crisis intervention for students, families and school personnel.
11) Consult with Administration, parent/guardian and school personnel to keep the school district informed about pertinent health problems and needs of students.
12) Initiate the health referral process and serve as liaison among school, home and community.
13) Act as consultant and resource to the faculty in the planning and implementation of the health curriculum.
14) Provide health counseling to individual students, groups of students, families and school personnel.
15) Compile health materials and distribute as necessary.
16) Train, supervise and evaluate non-licensed personnel assigned to dispense medications and provide other services.