Special Education Co-Teacher
- Iowa Teaching License
- Instructional Strategist I grades 9-12 required
- Experience co-teaching preferred
- Background/certification in English preferred
- Demonstrates effective research-based teaching strategies
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management
- Demonstrates ability to differentiate instruction
- Aligns classroom assessment with instruction
- Creates classroom culture that supports learning of every student
- Experience working with diverse cultural population
- Experience working with students with autism
- Works collaboratively with peers
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence and succeed in reaching their potential.
We are proud that more than 58 percent of our teachers and administrators have masters, specialist, or doctorate degrees. We are a progressive organization that is considered a leader in education. Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all position within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
Sioux City serves as the regional hub for business, employment, industry, retail trade, medical care, educational opportunities and tourism in Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota, and Northeast Nebraska. More than 140,000 people live in the tri-state metropolitan area. To learn more about our city visit http://www.sioux-city.org.
Interested applicants must complete an on-line application.
The Sioux City Community School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age (for employment), disability, socioeconomic status (for programs), marital status (for programs), or veteran status in its educational programs and its employment practices. Inquiries or grievances may be directed to Jen Gomez, Director of Student Services & Equity Education at 627 4th Street, Sioux City, IA 51101, (712) 279-6075, email@example.com.