Substitute Building Service Technician - Maintains the cleanliness, neatness and general environment of assigned school building interiors and facilities. Maintains school premises, including sidewalks, driveways, yards and playgrounds in a neat and clean manner at all times. Responds to emergency calls as needed.
Multiple Shifts Available:
8 hours per day
7 hours per day
6 hours per day
5 hours per day
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Must be 18 or older
• Minimum of one to three months related experience
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence
• Ability to converse with principals, staff, students, and parents
• Ability to complete basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to use a variety of cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, vacuums, and water extractors, etc.
• Ability to operate grounds maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers and snow blowers
• Ability to lift, twist and bend
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Sioux City Community School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age (for employment), disability, socioeconomic status (for programs), marital status (for programs), or veteran status in its educational programs and its employment practices. Inquiries or grievances may be directed to Jen Gomez, Director of Student Services & Equity Education at 627 4th Street, Sioux City, IA 51101, (712) 279-6075, firstname.lastname@example.org.