Openings as of 3/20/2018Student Support Services
Terms of Employment: all student scheduled days Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67/hr non-certified Hours: 4 hours and 30 minutes/day
Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include IPERS and paid sick leave.
Position Criteria and Performance Responsibilities
Terms of Employment: all student scheduled days Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67/hr non-certified Hours: 6 hours and 40 minutes/day plus a half hour unpaid lunch Desirable Position Criteria High School Diploma Experience as an associate preferred Performance Responsibilities
Terms of Employment: all student scheduled days Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67/hr non-certified Benefits: This position includes a competitive and comprehensive benefits package consisting of IPERS, paid leaves (personal and sick) as well as medical/dental/life/vision insurance. Hours: 6 hours and 40 minutes/day plus a half hour unpaid lunch (8:45 am -3:55 pm) Desirable Position Criteria High School Diploma Experience as an associate preferred Performance Responsibilities
· Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
· Commits to ongoing professional growth to support the unique needs of individual students.
· Assists with accurate data collection.
· Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
· Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
· Assists with wash-up and toilet routines.
· Assists with lunch, snack, and cleanup routines.
· Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
· Assists with such large group and small group activities.
· Assists with the supervision of the students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
· Guides independent work, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
· Maximizes use of time throughout the day.
· Implements behavior support plan.
· Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
· Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
· Supports PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) for all students in all settings.
· Demonstrates collaborative skills in a team environment.
· Demonstrates effective communication skills.
· Supports generalization of skills in an integrated setting.
· Assists the teacher in devising strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
Terms of Employment: all student scheduled days Salary: $14.79/hr certified with Iowa teaching license or para-educator license $13.67/hr non-certified Hours: 3 hours and 20 minutes/day (Afternoon) Benefits: Benefits associated with this position include IPERS and paid sick leave. Desirable Position Criteria High School Diploma Experience as an associate preferred Performance Responsibilities
TITLE: Associate-Study Hall
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Four-year degree 2. Two-year degree with experience
working with students. 3. Demonstrates proficiency in
communication skills. REPORTS TO: Principal, Assistant or Associate Principal,
or designated staff ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Ability to work successfully with students individually or in
groups. 2. Ability to follow direction and assist other associates and
teaching staff in educating students. Assists
staff individually, or in groups. 3. Effectively monitors students and provides coaching for academic success. 4. Attends required meetings, participates fully, and provides feedback about the education of students. 5. Understands and implements policies and procedures aligned with Ankeny's educational program. 6. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel maintains confidentiality and completes necessary paperwork or reports required in the program. 7. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training. Implements the new techniques as required. 8. Follows the outlined protocol and Ankeny's policies and procedures. 9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Principal. 10. Regularly and routinely attends work. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking. WORKING CONDITIONS: 1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity. 2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Wages and benefits to be established by the Board. EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel. Approved by:________________________________________________ Date:__________________________ Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented. Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property Description: