Join Ames Community School District, rated the #1 Best School District in Iowa, according to Niche!
The Ames Middle School is looking for a Technology Teacher Librarian for the 2018-2019 school year. Ames Middle School has fully implemented a 1:1 program with Chromebooks, added special tutorial times, and has a dedicated technology coach that this position would work alongside.
Anticipated Work Schedule: This position will work from Monday- Friday 7:50 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Provides leadership in the library and technology programs.
- Provides training to building instructional staff in the integration of technology to support student achievement. This includes planning and implementing job-embedded professional development and workshop for individuals, small groups, and large groups.
- Work with building leadership, technology coaches and the Director of Technology to design, plan and facilitate curriculum workshops for the integration of technology with an emphasis on 21st century technology tools.
- Provide training and support for school staff in different areas of technology
- Collaborated with teachers to create and/or model integrated lesson plans with the intent of designing individual instructional modules, materials and training aides.
- Promote model instructional practices that promote sound technology infusion.
- Troubleshoots and maintains building-level technology in conjunction with district-level and building-level personnel.
- Collaborates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of instructional technology materials and software.
- Participate in ongoing professional development in technology tools and resources to inform decision making.
- Serve as a role model to use technology as a teaching tool to inform the public, school personnel, and students about educational programs and achievements.
- Manages the acquisition, processing, cataloging, organization, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of library/media center and technology resources.
- Promotes and coordinates school-wide utilization of library/media facilities and their associated resources and services.
- Provides instruction and assistance to students in conducting research.
Required Qualifications: Certified Teacher with K-12 School Teacher Librarian endorsement.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching experience.
- Extensive knowledge of teaching techniques, curriculum and current district staff development initiative.
- Experience in developing and delivery of technology training to adult learners.
- Have experience in the integration and application of technology in the appropriate grade range environment.
- Experience with educational standards and assessments.
- Significant understanding of the Common Core, with proven ability to demonstrate and apply in the classroom.
- Experience with planning and implementing Common Core.
- Is or has the ability to attain Google Certified Trainer status.
- Possess knowledge and background in computer use.
- Understand and is able to manage the media center collection.
Closing Date ----- April 23, 2018
Candidates please complete an application on-line at:
External applicants will be considered once the internal transfer process had been completed.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
Website - http://www.ames.k12.ia.us
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AmesCommunitySchoolDistrict/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ACSD_News
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialACSD
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/acsdnews/
Amazing Magazine - http://www.ames.k12.ia.us/district/departments/school-community-media-relations/amazing-magazine/
Ames is an equal opportunity employer, and it is the policy of the district in this regard to be in full compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Titles VI and VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and Section 601A of the Iowa Code. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply AA/EOE.